Fallout 4

Comparing the visual quality to New Vegas is obviously an exagerration, I doubt anyone seriously thinks that.

It's also true that the graphical fidelity of Fallout 4 is not blowing anyone's hair back, but this isn't necessairly a bad thing. One issue that I think can be applied to this situation is the trend in the gaming industry of using "bullshots" to promote video games, using touched-up cutscenes and gameplay running on super hardware that will never be achiveable on modern consoles, and then subtely downgrading the visuals upon release which tends to go unnoticed by most casual gamers. You can look to incidents like Watch Dogs for some of the more extreme cases. Bethesda dosen't use "bullshots", thier trailers have always been very honest and are usually made with a pre-release version of the actual game engine instead of carefully edited footage touted two years in advance with no real expectation of actually delivering on those visuals like many other modern games.

So I think for some people seeing the real game right off the bat instead of carefully cut and tailored snippets of pre-rendered gameplay can be anti-climactic.

The second contributing factor i'd point to is the fact that while Bethesda games have never been flashy, they are incredibly consistent. Few other games can even scratch the surface of the scope, depth and miniscule detail placed into the Fallout (and Elder Scrolls) franchises, and providing that level of detail across a massive gameworld in a visual presentation that is consistently good is very difficult.

There are also some other issues such as the fact that Bethesda has never released any real screenshots from the game, all of the photos on the Steam store and elsewhere are stills taken from the keynote videos. The game will likely look much better on PC than what they have shown so far.

Graphics are a hot button topic and frankly, a lot of these so-called "internet gaming journalists" and youtube "celebrities" have no real news to talk about, they just keep regurgitating the same Fallout facts from the last 5 months. I suspect they'll change their tune once the game actually releases, and the recommended requirements for the PC version of Fallout 4 are nothing to sneeze at.

Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 all won Game of the Year, Fallout 4 will be no exception. I think it's safe to say the fans outweigh the critics.

Last edited:
I saw folks complaining that the graphics were the same as New vegas, i want to know what the hell they're smoking as these things look way better. They claimed they weren't "next gen" graphics. Makes me think streamers have their heads up their backends and made me reconsider watching funhaus on youtube as they come off as snobs.

I agree. People do this stuff all the time, especially on PC sites. If the game isn't practically breaking the latest hardware they aren't happy. I remember people complaining about the Stalker games when they came out because they didn't have the latest graphics. They were still great games if you didn't get all the bugs.

I don't even want to talk about bugs. Fallout 3 game of the year and that special new vegas they put out with all the dlc on it are the buggiest damned things ever. I hope that they carry over some stuff like the weapon mods from new vegas and getting experience points for doing a certain number of things in the game like 5/5 quests or something like that. Yeah Funhaus loves to bash games that require attention spans anymore or are made by up and coming companies and it really put me off. Not to mention they get their jollies breaking vintage game discs on camera.

The weapon modification stuff in F4 looks like it will be much more in depth and customizable than in any of the previous games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Honestly I think part of the issue was that the old systems were pushed to the limits by the older games so now they've got alot more to work with.

I was looking at the funko figures, i have the 2 vault dwellers and BOS figures but it's the tiny ones i liked but i'm not playing magical mystery box to try and get them all at 7.00 each. Hopefully someone makes sets and puts them on ebay. They cant' even guarantee a complete set if you buy a case of them sadly either. Nothing worse than blind box figures.

So, I preordered on Xbox and got a download code for Fallout 3, which I own a few times over at this point. If anyone wants a digital copy for 360 (soon to be back compatible on XB1) shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Ugh. Outside of the cool blending of a real dog and some real settings, this short trailer wasn't that good. Just look at the shot with the dweller and the super mutants. No one is aiming for each other! And come on Bethesda. Give the female avatar some love! We've seen this male blue jumpsuit wearing dweller a million times already.

Also, random act of violence against radroaches! Way to encourage a 'no-kill' run Beth!

Ugh. Outside of the cool blending of a real dog and some real settings, this short trailer wasn't that good. Just look at the shot with the dweller and the super mutants. No one is aiming for each other! And come on Bethesda. Give the female avatar some love! We've seen this male blue jumpsuit wearing dweller a million times already.

Also, random act of violence against radroaches! Way to encourage a 'no-kill' run Beth!

I can't tell how serious you are about any given bit of reasoning there.

The weapon modification stuff in F4 looks like it will be much more in depth and customizable than in any of the previous games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydnXvoYGBk

So on one end I have to appreciate the amount of customization available, but at the same time you also have to be thinking, "700 customizations sounds too overwhelming." Looks pretty good. I am on eof the few who has never played any of the previous ones, but hear they are very good.

How about this? A preview for an update to a mobile game that contains brand new Fallout 4 in-game footage complete with new characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back