Fallout 4

Okay I found making drugs works. Just like in the real world! :lol Are there any place to sell things besides Diamond City and Drumline Diner (I think that's it)? Other than roving traders I haven't found any other hubs to sell... like in every other Fallout.

lol i've only made a few stimpacks and needles for that needle gun. I wish i could find more roving traders, Cricket never seems to leave one spot now and the lady who is in Sanctuary Carla i think? She randomly is there or at the diner without warning lol. I actually have to go back to a few spots to raid corpses and stuff i had to drop, even with power armor and a sidekick there isn't enough capacity after a good slaughter.

So i found a source for glue and steel in Diamond city, also you can annoy the residents by changing the color of the wall from green to yellow or blue and they complain about it lol. Centuries of being green and then suddenly blue. I also found Codsworth, turns out he's somehow got himself on the roof of the gun seller in diamond city and i'm not sure why. I'm not sure if there's bottle cap limit or not but suddenly i can't go about 4100 caps. It also would appear that losing happiness when you're out of Sanctuary is because the game has an issue thinking that when you leave half of what you build vanishes when it doesn't. I was wondering why they were complaining about no beds when there's 81 beds. This is part of why it's so hard to get the achievement, hopefully they put the patch out soon.

Yes, but are there any negative effects or can you just turn it back on whenever?

I'm having trouble making money with buying ammo, supplies etc. I don't ever remember having money troubles in any other Fallout.

no problems i can see

you turn it off less new setlers will come to your place you turn it on more can come but raiders will also be able to find you more easyly i turned mine on and made sure my defence are good enough :)

also i got the same problem with money and ammo XD i got 4 guns with different ammo i like to use but allmost out of ammo XD

Somehow raiders are an issue even with good security, I have a triple digit security rating and still get missions dealing with raiders even though they can't get in. Also i would like to thank Curie for hauling ass out of a battle when i needed her. I turned to empty my stuff into her to carry and all i see is her rushing in the other direction like she had a rocket strapped to her.

Last edited:
One thing that bugs me about RPGs, Bethesda specifically, is that NPCs don't always relate to you based on how you're equipped. I found Goodneighbor (which does have vendors like Diamond City) and when you first enter
a guy greets you and pretty much says you have to pay insurance to enter so you don't get hurt.
I'm wearing T60 power armor and some guy with Road Leathers is talking tough like he's got one on me. Obviously Bethesda put something in there so NPCs recognize your armor or weapons because they comment on it. So why wouldn't they have a thing where there's a speech check for the NPC based on your equipment so you don't have some dork in a suit acting tough when you're better equipped?

One thing that bugs me about RPGs, Bethesda specifically, is that NPCs don't always relate to you based on how you're equipped. I found Goodneighbor (which does have vendors like Diamond City) and when you first enter
a guy greets you and pretty much says you have to pay insurance to enter so you don't get hurt.
I'm wearing T60 power armor and some guy with Road Leathers is talking tough like he's got one on me. Obviously Bethesda put something in there so NPCs recognize your armor or weapons because they comment on it. So why wouldn't they have a thing where there's a speech check for the NPC based on your equipment so you don't have some dork in a suit acting tough when you're better equipped?
Because it just makes all that more satisfying to blow their dumb asses up.

They did have something to recognize stuff as i accidentally was running around diamond city in my boxers and everyone avoided me but later one guy complimented me on my power armor. Well the happiness in Sanctuary is going up fast on it's own suddenly but i can't get enough stuff built to make it a large town.

Had a weird glitch today where my gun went transparent. You could still see the edges in a "predator" kind of way. Not sure if it is my video card or something in the game.
My biggest gripe so far is I wanted a shooter game not Farmville

Yeah it's totally optional, most of us are just doing it for the achievement. Once i get that my next playthru i'm just building stuff store my gear and that's it.
Found this on reddit for getting the settlement achievement.https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutset...out_4_benevolent_leader_trophy_fast_and_easy/ I'm slowly building everything before i invite folks. Also if you are at a settlement and start to dismantle items, they appear in that location's workbench so you can always grab them and move them to your main place. I've been tearing up stuff at other farms for supplies and just figured this out lol.

Last edited:
Do you know if you can temporarily shut off your beacon to control population? I don't know if it will screw things up or something.

BTW, it's Dec. 25 on my game and Diamond City has Christmas trees up. I thought that was pretty cool. Usually nothing changes in a game based on the date.
I'm not sure what the date is in game for me, but I would kind of like it if they played Christmas music.

So far that reddit tip is working. I'm instantly at 100 percent size for the area at red rocket. Just need the settlers to get their butts into town where they belong.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't run supply lines from some of them yet. I wish i'd seen that reddit article before i sank so much money into crap trying to build up Sanctuary. Oh well i'll tear that down and do something with it. Anyone randomly get weird audio cues like something special or freaky is going on but nothing is there? God help me even with that guy's tips on doing a settlement it's still taken over two hours and i have 19 percent to go before i hit the happiness. They really need to patch the glitches in community building.

Last edited:
They did have something to recognize stuff as i accidentally was running around diamond city in my boxers and everyone avoided me but later one guy complimented me on my power armor. Well the happiness in Sanctuary is going up fast on it's own suddenly but i can't get enough stuff built to make it a large town.

Yeah that's why I said they should be able to have some dumb*ss criminal recognize it and back off. Either that or the guy was just an idiot. :lol
Had a weird glitch today where my gun went transparent. You could still see the edges in a "predator" kind of way. Not sure if it is my video card or something in the game.
My biggest gripe so far is I wanted a shooter game not Farmville

I've had my gun disappear and if I save/reload it fixes it. I have had that predator effect on part of Diamond City, I don't mind the settlement aspect, but I wish they'd had a little more building elements (why no metal stairs, second story metal floor, metal stairwell, etc.?).

I finally got my settlement going at 93 percent happy, i keep missing the glitch so the settlement gets happy while i'm gone luckily. As soon as i see the happiness go up i go and sleep for 24 hours and save in case it goes wrong lol. Another 12 hours and i should have 100 percent. I finally found a Blade Runner tribute in the game on a roof.

Edit:4:46 am. My community at red rocket hit 100 percent thanks to that reddit post and the hardest trophy I have ever gotten unlocked. It literally to me over 12 hours of gameplay to get. Since I did that i tore down a lot of stuff in my main base but now i can't unplant half the crops. On a side note on top of being able to make custom signs I would love the option for picture windows in this game. You could get some amazing views by the time you have 4 floors but no way to look out.

Last edited:
I agree about the signs. I think the only one they give you an option for is a gas sign. Why would someone put a gas sign up at their settlement? You would have a sign that would say "Safety, food, water, shelter, etc." I got that Picket Fences that lets you put statues up and I want one added with a figure in Power Armor so I can erect a statue to my greatness. :lol

I also wonder why they put a limit on settlement size. I started to make a three story building at the drive in to see what I could do and before I even got a top floor on the size meter was about full. I don't know if they were limited by the consoles or what. It doesn't make sense to give us tools then restrain what you can do with them. I'm installing the mod after I'm done on here to get rid of that.

Sometimes my health bar disappears and lately my direction indicator gets screwed up unless the character is crouching.

I would shoot the dog if he wasn't immortal. If he isn't blocking me when I'm sneaking around then he is opening doors. But he has fallen off Trinity Tower and a minute or two later he shows up.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back