Fallout 4

But do you have high defences at all your bases?

I can't be sure but I think it somehow averages out across them all.

Plus your defence should be higher than water plus food.

Actually I haven't been paying attention, i only loaded the game to try the addon. I'm suddenly feeling really burnt out on gaming.

I wrapped the Mechanist quest last night. I had fun, the new enemy types are at least interesting. And they added Tesla armor in there at some point as well, which surprised me. The robot building stuff is ok, something about putting together your own (bright pink) sentry bot is pretty sweet.

Since I put in decent defences in all settlements, there hasn't been any kidnapping or raider attacks, which is a bit boring when you are relying on those to rank up friendship with Strong.
Maybe someone is already kidnapped and you have not save them yet, That might be the reason why you have not gotten any new.

I've still never heard one way or the other, but if you don't respond to attacks or kidnappings does it affect you at all? I would think there would be some consequence for not helping. I did see last week while playing that a settlement was attacked and they apparently fought them off because I got a message saying it was repelled or something. I've never had that happen before.

You would think it would lower your popularity in the place that is attacked, honestly i think that entire setup is just busywork.

I've still never heard one way or the other, but if you don't respond to attacks or kidnappings does it affect you at all? I would think there would be some consequence for not helping. I did see last week while playing that a settlement was attacked and they apparently fought them off because I got a message saying it was repelled or something. I've never had that happen before.

If the happiness of the settlement goes down far enough, you could lose "control" of the settlement. I don't know what that means, but I got a warning in the game about it when one of my settlements got pretty low.

As far as I understand it, the defense has to be an average of the water, electricity and food numbers. I never get attacked at Sanctuary Hills, but earlier in the game it got attacked several times. Not fully sure if that's what it is, but that's how a buddy had explained it to me. I don't believe that has anything to do with the radiant quests like the kidnappings and such.

I wish they'd let you build robots into suits of power armor, i have all those suits in my armory and it'd be neat to stuff a robot into them or even synths for that matter.

I'll just be happy if we get a proper mod (or patch) that lets you put settlers or followers into power armor where it won't degrade. Like how Paladin Danse's armor behaves in the game.

I might eventually. I don't like playing where it's so hard that I want to smash the keyboard. I like to feel like a bad*ss who's taking out all of the bad guys. :lol

I've done survival mode in the other 2 games so i may do this one for the achievement. I was able to do it in new vegas in under 2 hours.

Even though I still like playing the game, I'm so overpowered it's gotten a little boring.
I still die occasionally... usually when I let a laser turret get the jump on me. Even in a power armor they still make short work of me.

Thinking about starting over, but unless I come up with a plan on how to do it I feel like it'll be boring.

My issue about restarting is it's such a drag to get to the end. There's really so little story compared to the past games that taking alternate paths don't really have any effect until the end of the game when you choose a side. Nobody cares if you're evil to everyone or good to them unlike the old games.

My issue about restarting is it's such a drag to get to the end. There's really so little story compared to the past games that taking alternate paths don't really have any effect until the end of the game when you choose a side. Nobody cares if you're evil to everyone or good to them unlike the old games.

And no one cares if you don't want to do anything either. I remember when Paladin Danse offered to let me join the Brotherhood, he said said I had to fall in line and follow his orders. I thought "Man, I can't commit to something like that. I've barely scratched the surface of this game!" Well, jokes on me for thinking that joining one faction would affect how the other factions would perceive you. As I found out in a different play through, nothing about how the world perceives you changes when you join the brotherhood right than and there.

It's funny really. When Preston declares you leader of the Minutemen, he's the one telling you what to do. When Paladin Danse says you are going to follow his orders, you are the one who actually tells him what to do! He doesn't boss you around at all. And everyone who asks you to join doesn't seem to care if you say now and will always leave the door open regardless of what you do out in the world. I know I'm pounding an already established point, but just look at what Caesar says to you when you simply tell him you're not interested in working with him.

"If you meant what you said, you best be on your way, and at good speed. And forget all that I could have given you."​
"Mark my words, you piece of ****. This is the last time you will ever refuse to perform an order I've given you."​
"If you ever - ever - disobey me again, I will order my Praetorians to hack you to death with their machetes for my entertainment."​
"I warned you about the price of disobedience. I guess you weren't listening. Praetorians! Kill this nuisance!"​

Yeah. I was genuinely scared of Caesar. I had no such intimidation from anyone in Fallout 4.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back