The Martian Space Suit

first pull on the helmet moulds today just ordered some smooth on clear for the visors now i know the mould will work the body came out really well for a first pull and im happy with the visor too i expected the air as i used fast cas clear but its nice and even no air pockets so jobs a good'en
13707688_1145492298827737_455209092147136698_n.jpg

It's going very slow for me, at this rate I doubt I'll make it to Stockholm ComicCon 2016. I hope everyone else is doing fine with their builds and hope to see some great replicas walking the floor :D

Also trying to have my colleague design and print the helmet for me.

That looks amazing @DarkJedi1500
Just boots left?
That chest and back armour is especially impressive!

Is the suit-panels painted or sewn together? Meaning is it different panels of fabric sewn together?

Great job, you're speeding away from the rest of us :)

That looks amazing @DarkJedi1500
Just boots left?
That chest and back armour is especially impressive!

Is the suit-panels painted or sewn together? Meaning is it different panels of fabric sewn together?

Great job, you're speeding away from the rest of us :)

The suit is printed as 4 pieces on lycra. Basically, I made a pattern out of white lycra and then my friend david drew the pattern on. We cut the pattern, he made graphics, and I hade it printed on lycra.

As of tonight, I need to finish the boot armor, cover the vent hoses, and weather the suit and it will be done for Dragon*Con.

@DarkJedi1500 did you use captain april's model to build the helmet as in the dimensions as i was told by sevrle vacumforming companys that the visor could not be vacumformed but you have done a fantastic job of in

im now thinking of a plan b :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 13.07.40.png

OK, so I've been trawling this thread for ages and I'm not having much luck. Got to page 28 and gave up (don't hate me).

I've probably just passed right over the section where they were identified, but what is the exact type and colour scheme of Nike trainers he's wearing in this scene? I fancy getting myself a pair.

They look different to the ones he wore for the Hermes interview promo.

Help me out?

View attachment 649095

OK, so I've been trawling this thread for ages and I'm not having much luck. Got to page 28 and gave up (don't hate me).

I've probably just passed right over the section where they were identified, but what is the exact type and colour scheme of Nike trainers he's wearing in this scene? I fancy getting myself a pair.

They look different to the ones he wore for the Hermes interview promo.

Help me out?

Search for 'Nike' in this thread and it's the 6th result: Nike Free 3.0 Flyknit. Hope that helps.

So many projects, so little time

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back