Scarlet Spider costume

Anzh

I'm making a Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider costume. Thought it'd be a good idea to post some stuff up, share my process and get some ideas on how to go about this.

This is my first ever costume so hopefully it all turns out well. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

925060_1486904818217029_1244613213_n.jpg I was thinking something more along the lines of this depiction of Scarlet Spider, which has a few changes made from the classic look, but ultimately I want to change things up a little bit.

p1.pngThis is one of the spider designs I was thinking of going for. Incorporated some aspects of the Miles Morales design into it. I really like the shape of the legs, but was thinking of changing the butt, if I may call it that.

p4.pngI am also trying to design a belt buckle for this. I don't like the way this one looks so I'll be tweaking it till I get the desired look(I only draw half so I can duplicate and print a more symmetrical stencil/reference).

Scarlet-Lenses2.jpgScarlet-Lenses1.jpgp6.png some lenses I had in mind. I wanted them to be a bit less menacing and more rounded than the ones the original Scarlet Spider had.

I was able to get my hands on this 3D printer to print out the face shell among other things:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N7I1ZVU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 479307I'm done building it and everything, but I can't seem to get the correct settings for a nice print. If anyone can give me some tips on this that would be great!

Image4.jpgImage5.jpgImage1.jpg

Last edited:
Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider was my first full build too. A lot of ways to add your own unique touches, very interested in seeing your build. What are your ideas?

Ben Reilly's Scarlet Spider was my first full build too. A lot of ways to add your own unique touches, very interested in seeing your build. What are your ideas?
Basic_Scarlet_setup.jpgWell right now I'm focusing on what pattern I want the suit to have. I quickly put something together on photoshop just to give me an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like yours turned out pretty nice! where did you get your face shell?

Last edited:
Here is a picture of mine. It does have the Hex pattern although you can't see that well.

the faceshell I got from TJack. you can find his thread on here.

View attachment 480058
Wow yours turned out amazing, man. Haha it's funny my girlfriend is making a Spider-Gwen costume.
Gotta say I like the look of the lighter blue against the darker red. what did you use to make the pattern?

I've seen TJack's faceshells and they look amazing, but since I got the 3D printer, I thought I'd print mine...just gotta get the thing to work.
I also attempted molding my own, but the symmetry was never that good.

Last edited:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=208937

Here's a link to what I did last year for my version of the Scarlet Spider. I had a great time doing it as well. There are quite a few threads out there on him as well. Hope it helps, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you do your build.

Thanks so much for sharing. Love the way you did the belt. I was wondering how I would do the feet, so this helps a lot. Haha I am looking forwards to see how this turns out as well.

Wow yours turned out amazing, man. Haha it's funny my girlfriend is making a Spider-Gwen costume.
Gotta say I like the look of the lighter blue against the wine red. what did you use to make the pattern?

The suit I used I found on Zentia Zentia. I believe a member here created it, they kept it on file and he gave the go ahead for other people to use it.

his thread was this:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209570

this was the actual suit:

http://www.zentai-zentai.com/dark-red-muscle-shades-and-comb-printed-zentai-suit-products-2848.html

Looks like yours turned out pretty nice! where did you get your face shell?

Itll always be a work in progress, my first face shell was a $10 hard shell mask from Walmart, a lot of people use that one for budget minded builds. Worked well but eventually I got a Tjacks which is awesome.

So I tried attaching some water shoes to the suit with E6000 and this happened: 20150522_214050.jpg. It seems it melted some of the sole and was smudged on the lycra. Anyone know how to get this off without damaging the fabric.

Last edited:
After going to Walmart, TJmax, Marshalls, Target, Modells, and Old Navy I finally found a blue hoodie. Only problem is 20150522_214008.jpg it has a big old "94 old navy" logo on it. It looked like it would be easy to get off at the store when I scratched it with my nail, but after even sanding it a bit, it's still there. Any thoughts? I keep looking for a new one every time I go out, but it seems they're not selling them now that it's getting hot out.

Itll always be a work in progress, my first face shell was a $10 hard shell mask from Walmart, a lot of people use that one for budget minded builds. Worked well but eventually I got a Tjacks which is awesome.

Wow everywhere I look for one they mention Tjacks. They do look great, but I can't really afford one right now. I'm hoping I get this 3D printer working, that way I can print mine.

Wow everywhere I look for one they mention Tjacks. They do look great, but I can't really afford one right now. I'm hoping I get this 3D printer working, that way I can print mine.

I couldn't imagine spending that much on just one element of a costume when I first started but in the end you gotta pay to play haha. I got my hoodie at Walmart but I was also able to find some in eBay. When looking for a hoodie I'd recommend going for a size or maybe even two sizes smaller then you would normally wear for a more form fitting look. Too baggy and its looks a bit funky. I also don't like the hoodie hangs below the belt but that a personal preference.

I couldn't imagine spending that much on just one element of a costume when I first started but in the end you gotta pay to play haha. I got my hoodie at Walmart but I was also able to find some in eBay. When looking for a hoodie I'd recommend going for a size or maybe even two sizes smaller then you would normally wear for a more form fitting look. Too baggy and its looks a bit funky. I also don't like the hoodie hangs below the belt but that a personal preference.

I hear ya. I was trying to make this a $100 tops, but I'm already past that. Yep I was trying to find something smaller, but I just could not find a hoodie anywhere till I hit Old Navy and they didn't have anything smaller than my size...I was thinking maybe put it in the wash a couple of times and see if it shrinks a bit? In hindsight I should have done that and gone online. I need to practice a little patience haha I already took the sleeves off.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back