Hair Chalk - Is it any good for cosplay ?

FrontaLittle

Having dark blonde hair, I don't really fit into the Bat family so I tried a toner (non-permanent colourant). I couldn't find black, only darkbrown and it turned out as a wine-red when in bright light. It wouldn't even stick to my hair properly the first time I applied it.
I googled a bit and found a product called "hair chalk", the fancy folks in the beauty business call it the latest trend in hair coloring and they insist you can even get blonde hair black.

So has anyone ever used black hair chalk ? Is it any good for cons, especially when it gets a little sweaty ? And how much does it change you hair color ? Are we talking pitch black even though the base hair color is dark blonde or something similar ?

I don't have any personal experience with hair chalk, but a friend tried it for a Halloween party last year. It didn't stay in her hair too well, and she ended up with green (the color she used) everywhere. I don't think it would be too great at a con.

I don't have any personal experience with hair chalk, but a friend tried it for a Halloween party last year. It didn't stay in her hair too well, and she ended up with green (the color she used) everywhere. I don't think it would be too great at a con.

Do you think hairspray might make the chalk stick to the hair ? The worst thing I can imagine is black sweat running down my neck and forehead, could that happen ?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back