Batmobile 1989 29inch kit accurisation and restoration wip

You mean right at the front end ? i am just working on the bonnet vents i made a insert which i molded so i can cut the old one out put these in and sand them down hopefully.

What about the details on the sides in front of the vents ?
I'm dreading getting to that point and having to scratch build them and trying to get them both the same. I suppose if they were done with cad could they just be flipped and printed for both sides ?

heres my effort on the front vents

467.JPG

I'll take 2. :lol

I'm trying to repair my engine grilles, the whole drivers side grille is gone. I messed up when I tried to thin them out and create the little openings for the mesh I'm putting in.

I have thought about making a casting from my Batmobile and building a second one that isn't half made up of Bondo. It would be so much work though.

i was thinking of doing a small run of kits off mine when its done as its a shame for it to be a one off after all the effort i will have put into it.

I kind of like the idea of mine being a one off.

I'm planning on making it as accurate as I can. I am mostly looking forward to the paintjob, I got this paint that is borderline perfect for the job of replicating the pearl on the original, and I found awesome mesh to go in the vent and grille openings. I want so badly to get to the real detailing and finesse stages, yet I can't get past the grilles! :lol

Have you thought about the fine details yet?

The link works ok Judge.
Some good work on these bits. Bit too pricey for me going to have to scratch build :(

Got some of the parts through today the vent piece was the wrong size so glad no one bought it lol i resized002.JPG it so its just under 94mm long now and reordered quite pleased with the bits need to make a mold of some to duplicate.The turbine came out really well :)

That vent piece looks great, even though it doesn't fit yet. I'll definitely order some vents when you get them fixed.

Last edited:
i havent really thought that far do you mind sharing what you found?

Yeah, I'll have to upload some pics to a drop box when I have time. The paint is just an iridescent top coat for RC cars. The mesh is pretty easy to find. It's just perforated photo etch brass mesh... should be able to get some at a hobby store.

Sounds good :) thanks
Just finished a scratchbuilt Hub the 3d printed wheels have run into problems so still need to sort that out :(
002.JPG

Yeah, I'll have to upload some pics to a drop box when I have time. The paint is just an iridescent top coat for RC cars. The mesh is pretty easy to find. It's just perforated photo etch brass mesh... should be able to get some at a hobby store.

A little off topic but Does anyone have the Richmans RC batmobile? If so would it be possible to get a set of hubs for them?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back