T2 Sunglasses/Jacket?

The Death Curse

Hey, guys.

A friend of mine just got a really NICE 1:1 replica casting of Arnie's upper body down to the chest, and wants to turn it into a T2 display. We were curious if anyone on the board here knows where to find (or buy) a pair of the original "Persol" sunglasses or a pair that's decently accurate to them. We're also looking for a reasonably accurate leather jacket suitable for the display. We're really just looking to see what's available.

Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance. :)

Cheers,

Ryan

I know someone who owns one of the original Terminator coats from the first film. Very cool looking. I'll see if he has pics.

I know someone who owns one of the original Terminator coats from the first film. Very cool looking. I'll see if he has pics.

WOW! Thanks, man! That would be great. I'd love to see it, if at all possible. You have one totally lucky friend. :biggrin

Does anyone have some general info on good original or replica sunglasses? Are the original T2-style shades incredibly rare to find? About how much would I (or he) be spending these days for a decent pair?

Cheers,

Ryan

The Persol's were going for about 300.00 when the film came out so I expect you will pay at least that much IF you can find a pair.

Good luck in your search. :)

The jacket is still availible through Bates. Im having them price a few in Arnies size just doing the leather shell no liner. I was planning on getting a couple done. I'll let you know what price she comes up with. They also did the pants.

Steve

quote=The Death Curse;325245]Hey, guys!

A friend of mine just got a really NICE 1:1 replica casting of Arnie's upper body down to the chest, and wants to turn it into a T2 display. We were curious if anyone on the board here knows where to find (or buy) a pair of the original "Persol" sunglasses or a pair that's decently accurate to them. We're also looking for a reasonably accurate leather jacket suitable for the display. We're really just looking to see what's available.

Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance! :)

Cheers,

Ryan[/quote]

I might be wrong but didnt Bates do the Jacket for "Terminator" and Tony Nowak make the Jackets for "T2"? Gargoyle Glasses were used in "Terminator", and Persols wer used in "T2".

The jacket is still availible through Bates. Im having them price a few in Arnies size just doing the leather shell no liner. I was planning on getting a couple done. I'll let you know what price she comes up with. They also did the pants.

Steve

Steve, that's incredible news!! My friend and I are very interested in that project. When and if you find out the specifics, let me know here or PM the info if you like. :)

Thanks for all the info, guys! This has really helped us out quite a bit.

Cheers,

Ryan

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back