Kylo Ren: Belt WIP & Guide

hey guys i'll update my schematic now i'm pretty happy with the final closure method on the belt :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys thanks to an amazing new reference shot i've made Version 3 of the saber clip i'll upload it next week !

V1-V3
X0AZg3K.jpg

New reference:
BJNnL0q.jpg

and a quick mockup on a belt:

aVGtSK2.jpg

Last edited:
Appears to be 50mm - 2mm more than yours, I believe, gucabe :) However that was just me chucking a ruler underneath so it may have ~1mm discrepancy ;)

oop just caught up with this now sorry for the delay haha !!

yes guabe 50mm is correct

i'll upload the new buckle ASAP ! i;ve been sidelined with some other kylo tasks that were urgent at the time haha (fabric shipping lol)

Thinking about purchasing this through Shapeways.

When installed, I just slide the lightsaber into the receiver and it stays there via friction?

What side of the saber do I install it's piece?

Does Kylo wear the lightsaber emitter up or down?

Thanks.

Not to answer for Sni9er, but correct. Once the saber is slid into the holder, it stays there thanks to the notch on the clip - much like a very basic covertec system.
The clip is screwed to the same side of the saber that has the cutaway section, with the notch at the bottom and on the right side. This means when you slide the saber in it will on hang emitter downwards.

there is a slight functional difference between the printed clip and the real metal one

the print has a notch to hold the saber but the real I-am used a sliding clip with no notch so the sprint tension is what holds the weight

I;ve updated the shapeways version to the very newest design and i've also sent off my final diagrams to the machine shop for a price !

Great Job designing the Saber Clip, I think it looks great. Hopefully the machine shop can do the project right for you. I'll be watching for that update for sure.

I'm not trying to take anything away from you, but I'm still curious as to what the design is based from. Is it a real world part? Was it in fact custom made?

Dave

I would bet it was a realworld item its just too overengineered to be a prop IMHO MY Guess is military in origin

you are probably right. I was thinking at one point it could be a climbing tool, either cave exploring or rock climbing....

Dave

Anyone's guess haha because its a friction fit in not convinced for climbing but could be a belt attachment also I suppose!!

maybe something for attaching a climbing tool to a belt? Man, this is the most fun, the hunt for the real world part :)

Dave

So Last night i got my prototype back for the Saber Clip little bit excited haha

qHllDXJ.jpg
mTDYyOd.jpg

ITZANH4.jpg
Yxp5uzs.jpg

SLrI9fY.jpg
f82Exgi.jpg

they made a mistake channeling out both sides of the clip this was human error and wouldn't be present on the final clip

also made a test video and held 3KG happily

Attachments

• mTDYyOd.jpg
    mTDYyOd.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • mTDYyOd.jpg
    mTDYyOd.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • mTDYyOd.jpg
    mTDYyOd.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
  • mTDYyOd.jpg
    mTDYyOd.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • ITZANH4.jpg
    ITZANH4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • ITZANH4.jpg
    ITZANH4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • ITZANH4.jpg
    ITZANH4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72
  • ITZANH4.jpg
    ITZANH4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • Yxp5uzs.jpg
    Yxp5uzs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • Yxp5uzs.jpg
    Yxp5uzs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Yxp5uzs.jpg
    Yxp5uzs.jpg
  • Yxp5uzs.jpg
    Yxp5uzs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • SLrI9fY.jpg
    SLrI9fY.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • SLrI9fY.jpg
    SLrI9fY.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • SLrI9fY.jpg
    SLrI9fY.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • SLrI9fY.jpg
    SLrI9fY.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • f82Exgi.jpg
    f82Exgi.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • f82Exgi.jpg
    f82Exgi.jpg
  • f82Exgi.jpg
    f82Exgi.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • f82Exgi.jpg
    f82Exgi.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
This is really very well done. I am still on the fence with putting together a complete Kylo, but your dedication to this costume is truly impressive.

Keep up the great work, Sni9er!

-Ss

PS. Don't let the Mrs. know you used her good ladle for dog food ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back