Kylo Ren: Belt WIP & Guide

my hands are killing me but after 3 hours prepping cutting grooving & Stitching the belt is progressing, finished sewing the edging strip today PHEW

ngC6Leo.jpg

Did a little bit of buckle weathering this evening using an exacto blade scraping the surface matching the damage on the exhibit buckle and marking with a pencil

5RigvY1.jpg
(ref) http://upload.dinhosting.fr/7/D/H/Kylo-Ren-Boucle-De-Ceinture-Details.png

Hg1fFgh.jpg

I then used a tapping technique with various steel object rapidly across the surface to add extra grit to the surface to match the battle damaged look of the buckle in the exhibit:
YAUvoSN.jpg

Untouched cast on the left, Weathered on the right (on a failed/reject cast, ignore corners/bubbles), i'll give thisd a light run with some 1000 gritt sand paper tomorrow to take of some of the high spots my poking has left ^^

As Sni9er stated that he's not planning to sell those, I think I can post this without causing any harm to his amazing job.

If you don't have the materials to make the leather belt yourself, a good tip is to go to a saddler. For them it's a rather easy job. A belt like this in Switzerland (a crazy expansive country, it might cheaper in the US) without the buckle should cost me approx the equivalent of 50-70 dollars, hand maid. The leather I usually pick for stuff like that is 3mm thick, which is thicker than a standard Levi's belt. I never had any problem with those.

As Sni9er stated that he's not planning to sell those, I think I can post this without causing any harm to his amazing job.

If you don't have the materials to make the leather belt yourself, a good tip is to go to a saddler. For them it's a rather easy job. A belt like this in Switzerland (a crazy expansive country, it might cheaper in the US) without the buckle should cost me approx the equivalent of 50-70 dollars, hand maid. The leather I usually pick for stuff like that is 3mm thick, which is thicker than a standard Levi's belt. I never had any problem with those.

I"m going to a local leather maker tomorrow to talk to them about making these in a small quantity to sell.

Thank you to Sni9er; for all the great work he put into this and laying the ground work.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries I will update my diagram to display how the Velcro closure can be sewn in to the belt

hand sewn this is a slow arduous job but easy for a professional!

That clip model looks great! Thanks for saving me the work of scaling and modeling by sharing it. lol :) Any chance you could put up the saber side of the clip to go with it?

That clip model looks great! Thanks for saving me the work of scaling and modeling by sharing it. lol :) Any chance you could put up the saber side of the clip to go with it?

I was going to ask the same thing! I think a 3D printed clip could hold up to minimal use ok until a metal alternative is available.

Last edited:
Fantastic looking belt Luke
I'm hoping to work on mine soon, I need to find the correct leather. I'm wondering how to go about doing those creases on the strips of leather. I would imagine if rolling them backwards could do something to get a close effect lol. Its a neat little detail!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back