Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

I just thought the bat would be a good size. I've decided to use quotes as someone did for a 3D model.
- You lock up the weirdos, the crooks and the geeks!
Yer a hero to all of the boys in blue -
But this time, PUDDIN, the joke's on YOU!

- Hush, little baby, don't say a word
Momma's gonna kill for you
the whole damn world.

- Aw, c'mon Puddin - don'tcha wanna rev up ya Harley?VROOOM VROOM!

- Jingle bells Bratgirl smells, Birdboy laid an egg! The batmobile lost a wheel and Puddin got away!

- I’m rubber, you’re glue, whatever you say bounces off me and makes a six-inch-diameter exit wound in you.

- I know what you think of me. You think I’m just a doll. A doll that’s pink and light. A doll you can arrange any way you like. You’re wrong. Very wrong. What you think of me is only a ghost of time. I am dangerous. And I will show you just how dark I can be.

I just thought the bat would be a good size. I've decided to use quotes as someone did for a 3D model.
- You lock up the weirdos, the crooks and the geeks!
Yer a hero to all of the boys in blue -
But this time, PUDDIN, the joke's on YOU!

- Hush, little baby, don't say a word
Momma's gonna kill for you
the whole damn world.

- Aw, c'mon Puddin - don'tcha wanna rev up ya Harley?VROOOM VROOM!

- Jingle bells Bratgirl smells, Birdboy laid an egg! The batmobile lost a wheel and Puddin got away!

- I’m rubber, you’re glue, whatever you say bounces off me and makes a six-inch-diameter exit wound in you.

- I know what you think of me. You think I’m just a doll. A doll that’s pink and light. A doll you can arrange any way you like. You’re wrong. Very wrong. What you think of me is only a ghost of time. I am dangerous. And I will show you just how dark I can be.

Do you have finish pictures of your harley quinn bat

Haven't started yet. I'm waiting for the bat to arrive, should of come yesterday. Il post some pics while I'm making it

Warner Bros gave the actual Harley Quinn bat to Kevin Smith for hosting the CW specials a few weeks back. Maybe someone can hit him up on twitter for pics of the bat

he gave it to his daughter harley quinn smith that one pic is on her instagram.

- - - Updated - - -

where did you find all the writing? because i spent a few days typing into google and looking at pics and could only find the same partial pic and coulnt read it lol

That isn't the actual writing, it's just various Harley Quinn quotes. Probably Gona have to wait til the bluray release to get the text 100% accurate.

My child has quite the fixation with Harley Quinn, so the upcoming birthday is going to be Suicide Squad themed. Presents from parental units are all intended to be parts of a con-appropriate costume.
Here's present #1 - Harley's bat.
Painted with nail polish and sharpie markers, using bog standard government issue Roman font 1inch stencils for "GOOD NIGHT". Nothing used in it's creation that you couldn't find in Harley's prison.
20160206_154209[1].jpg20160206_154354[1].jpgI used the text from Smoothrat's post (credited to Yogensya)
If I make another it will be closer to screen accurate, but this one has the right feel to it.

I'm planning on doing a genderbend of this Harley.(my first cosplay)
I bought the jacket from a local costume maker. I love it!
Only thing that is missing is the "J" keychain on the zipper. I bought one, but it's a little small, so I'll need to keep searching.

Hello people. I am a new member to the forums, solely for following this thread.
I wanted to share my progress on my baseball bat, if that is okay.

So I went to my local sporting goods store in search of a baseball bat. Being that I am in Australia, we stock about ten buttloads per day of cricket supplies, but when it comes to baseball supplies, good luck..
This 32" Rawlings Adirondack was the biggest they have to offer and it set me back $79.99 AUD, where a cricket bat I could have easily gotten for 30-40 dollarydoos any day of the week. Do note though that the shape in the website thumbnail differs in shape than the actual product and the actual one is more if not THE correct shape and the colour is damn near dead on were it not for the dark grain.

I soon got to sanding it down and removing the branding. This took about a half hour to get it to a comfy state. There is a bit of deep set paint but it is going to be almost invisible.

I then took to Photoshop to make me some stencils, only to find close but not quite there fonts, so I swiftly got to editing away and came out with this almost dead-on replication. Please feel free to print it out for yourselves, but make sure it is proportionate to your bat! If I stress that harder I'll die. Do note that the N needs a re-size and the D needs to be fatter, I am sorry for this, but the updated version was done directly onto the bat.
e472021bb3040fdd6ad7b4b86edf1425 copy.png

=======

I printed it out and got right to work on tracing the letters out.
Upon sketching them on, I realize how much room for improvement there was and did some tweaking.
You do NOT want to hear how many issues arose during the process. You do NOT.

OUTLINES.png

=======
Next, I began the diamond "choke" as I have been calling it.
Let me point out one crucial thing to note that took me the BETTER HALF OF TWO DAYS to wrap my head around.
All the tutorials and models (one 3D one I came upon at least) have the choke with FOUR blue diamonds. It was so so hard to fit the choke to have four because the spacing was always so off. Now this should have been the kicker for my brain to jump in and help but it wasn't. And then it hit me. Harley is famous for her THREE diamonds. The choke holds three diamonds and when arranged to do so it fits to perfection.

PAINTED.png

=======
After this entire ordeal I went out and got myself some paints.
I purchased Americana brand paints from my local craft supplier.
Cobalt Blue, Lipstick Red and Black Tie. (Also Cotton Ball white in case the choke had white X marks but I think it actually is just the wood on closer inspection, but it is here if I need it.)

I taped it all off and begun painting.
After the diamond and triangle shapes I painted in the bands and let it settle.
Once it settled I gave the letters a flat black fill and some more minor tweaks.
The next day, I mixed me up some dark red and patched over the black. I layered it according to the image on the right (Harley Quinn Smith's gift bat.) as close as I could.

I admit I could have maybe done better but I have never shaded with paints before and was applying my digital skills to wood for the first time. ^-^"
Look, if I do say so myself, the font came out so very close to the actual bat it almost made me cry with joy.

WORN.png

=======

Lastly, I applied a used look to the grip. I didn't outline the grip yet as my progression pictures are in a bit of a muddle on my PC and so you may have seen the grip and wondered about it changing looks throughout.
I bought some Wilson Pro Comfort tennis racquet overgrip since it was all I could acquire from Rebel Sports that day in the way of grip tape.
Now during an early tape test with sticky tape (scotch tape/sellotape what have you), I accidentally stumbled upon this technique but forgetting about it being on the overgrip and upon removing it, the overgrip lifting up with it and the adhesive in the strip becoming exposed to dirt, picking it up.

I then wrap and ripped the overgrip several times and rolled it on my hands, clothes, yard and cats (they weren't happy).
This lead to the used look we see here.

=======
That, my friends/people I don't even know so hello, is the journey thus far, and until the movie comes out (Or Harley Quinn Smith releases photos of the cursive.) I cannot attempt to run the last leg of the marathon.
I will be back, and when I do, I hope to bring something of worth back with me.

I want to say that I know I have not achieved exact precision, but I might also say "Who cares, it is my favourite thing in the world project wise, past or present."

Last edited:
wow thats pretty cool, i see your starting to do what i wanted to do harleys bat which i am waiting until better pictures of her bat come out, asking harley quinn smith ( kevins daughter) who was gave the original to post more pictures of the bat, i think it will be awhile

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back