Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

I doubt it would look very good if you did. The fabric has a metallic sheen and matching it would be very very difficult.

Ugh man... I have Martha St. All Purpose Satin Paint and I hoped it'll work... Do you think it'll be waste of money? Since it is a satin, should I try on the other satin fabric to see if it'll work?

Thanks! its been fun tracking everything down. The ring was cast in the gold stainless steel so what you see is how it arrived. It spent a couple weeks at the jeweler for brass hinge pins. The job only took about an hour, but they were nervous about working on this one. It moves perfectly though.

So, I'm a professional photographer, and my sister is a model, and we've been working on Harley for about 3 months now. We decided to do a little "preview" shoot (no makeup, wigs are a little ratchet b/c they need to be styled, no faces), and here's the result. We'll be doing a much bigger photoshoot probably in November.

The jacket, glove, gun, bat, holster, pink/blue wig, and spike bracelets are from Etsy. The shorts, fishnets, belt, tshirt, Black and Gold dress, Puddin choker, and white Burn After Use tank are from Hot Topic. The long blonde wig, gold ring, and Yes Sir cuffs are from eBay. The jewelry in the gold/black dress pic is from Agaci, eBay, and Hot Topic.

Attachments

• HarleyPreviewCollage1.jpg
    HarleyPreviewCollage1.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Ugh man... I have Martha St. All Purpose Satin Paint and I hoped it'll work... Do you think it'll be waste of money? Since it is a satin, should I try on the other satin fabric to see if it'll work?

You can test it, but I can almost guarantee it won't match up. Going from blue to red and red to blue on such a large item would be very difficult. Also... you may end up ruining the jacket if you try it. Sorry to be such a Debbie downer lol

For those interested, here's a back shot of my sister's outfit so far. Yes, I'm verrrry aware that that wig is ratchet, but it's because we had no idea how to put a wig on properly! LOL. We'll fix it in the real shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_7429-Edit.JPG
    IMG_7429-Edit.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
Hi there! We had it printed in the yellow plastic. My dad is a prop master so he took it to one of his prop houses to get it done. I believe they called it vacuum metalizing. [ since it's a plastic thing ] But I just have always called it gold plated. HA:lol
Thanks for all the compliments!!!

~
I Athena I

do you know how much he could charge to get it done for me? Also, im fairly sure you got your jacket from my store! I cant wait to see you wearing it

Last edited by a moderator:
do you know how much he could charge to get it done for me? Also, im fairly sure you got your jacket from my store! I cant wait to see you wearing it ������

I was going to ask if that was you who made it!! I absolutely positively LOVE it!! Thank you sooo much! I was studying for a big test and just finally did it on Saturday so we haven't had a chance to put everything on. But we are today!! And it fits perfect. You should have pictures pretty soon.

My dad will ask the prop house and see if we can work something out, we will let you know as soon as we hear!

~ I Athena I

I was actually going to ask the same thing!! Id love to have my ring looking like yours ^_^ I live in AUS though so idk if that would be a problem with shipping and so on?
I was going to ask if that was you who made it!! I absolutely positively LOVE it!! Thank you sooo much! I was studying for a big test and just finally did it on Saturday so we haven't had a chance to put everything on. But we are today!! And it fits perfect. You should have pictures pretty soon.

My dad will ask the prop house and see if we can work something out, we will let you know as soon as we hear!

~ I Athena I

Does anyone happen to have clear images of Harley's holster?

I'm struggling with the snaps and rings... can't decide if they're gold or silver. I assume gold, but in some pics they look silver.

Gold

Here are the best photos I've seen. This is either the real prop or an excellent reproduction. Note is has the red stitching and lining, correct number of snaps, correct snap placement on the Speed Loader holder, etc.

Hope these help

Holster.jpgHolster2.jpg

It's hard to tell with the lighting on some of these pictures. But based on the color scheme ( her jewelry ) of her costume and the pictures below I think that they are gold as well!

FP4329-SUICIDE-SQUAD-joker-&-harley-quinn.jpg Harley4_SuicideSquad.jpg

~ I Athena I

FP4329-SUICIDE-SQUAD-joker-&-harley-quinn.jpg

Harley4_SuicideSquad.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 1.22.55 PM.png

​Finally I put everything on to take some pictures! So we still have to paint my hair cuffs and do some things to my glove. When we are done with those things, we will take pictures with a better camera. ( These are taken on a phone )
So here are just a few the we took today, with no makeup done and my poor attempt at trying to do hair!
:lol

My Harley Semi #1.jpg My Harley Semi #4.jpg My Harley Semi #9.jpg My Harley Semi #7.jpg My Harley Semi #13.jpg
And of course Ms. Wickett just had to see what we were doing! :lol

My Harley Semi #2.jpg

​~ I Athena I

My Harley Semi #1.jpg

My Harley Semi #4.jpg

My Harley Semi #9.jpg

My Harley Semi #7.jpg

My Harley Semi #13.jpg

My Harley Semi #2.jpg

The jacket is so stressing me out.
First everything is made of that flat original satin.
Second the one on the Etsy has smile instead of stylie.
Third, the pocket.
Forth, The colors.
I am thinking that Hot topic one is very accurate since the pocket shape is right, it used the same fabric, and has exact embroidery. But the colors... the colors are so stressing me out. Why did they even do that? Whats the point of it?
I wish I can sew... I blame myself lol...
Whats the point of knowing all the details when I can't even sew!!!
I am like, "it's okay cause she doesn't wear jacket at the ending!", but urrrgghh jacket is my favorite part!!!!
And you guys are telling me her holster has gold studs...shhoooot
I seriously want to know if it is expensive to get stuffs gold plated and get things 3d printed. About how much is it?
And do you think I can bring plastic bat to school? I have a friend who is really professional at video making and photo shooting, so I wanted to wear it on my school in Halloween...

​Finally I put everything on to take some pictures! So we still have to paint my hair cuffs and do some things to my glove. When we are done with those things, we will take pictures with a better camera. ( These are taken on a phone )
So here are just a few the we took today, with no makeup done and my poor attempt at trying to do hair!
:lol

View attachment 674791 View attachment 674792 View attachment 674794 View attachment 674795 View attachment 674797
And of course Ms. Wickett just had to see what we were doing! :lol

View attachment 674801

​~ I Athena I

Awesome job! Everything looks spot-on.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back