Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

Any one know what Harleys first necklace says in this? View attachment 670137

Harley

harley loves joker.png

Omg Im new to this thread but its so Helpful! Ive had a hard time trying to find Replica Halrey shoes! The ones on ebay the heel is still too low for my liking, anyone had luck finding them else where? ^_^

Personally I'm going to be altering a pair of small boots I got for I think around £10 on eBay because not only did I feel the heels weren't high enough on the replica shoes, I also felt they looked flat (around the calf especially, the original shoe looks padded) I've already got some batting to do the "padded" look, but I'm having to wait until I have money for the fabric before I can continue working on it.
So far I've built a sort of base-shape with worbla and craft foam so the toes are a better shape.

SSHarley Cosplay Shoes WIP1.png

Hey guys! I just wanted to share some details. For YES SIR bracelets, the ones that are on sale has 4 buttons, but real one has only 2 buttons. If you can, I think its good to cut out the last two buttons haha. So the buttons are like this : not this : :
I have the png image of accurate property of joker image. I'll share it if you guys are interested! So you guys can take your jacket to embroidery shop, and they'll do it for you. Please tell me how it works because I never been there! It costs about 12 or 16 dollars. Welp it depends!
The pockets are not linear- one line pocket like the other bombers. It has 2 lines for each. I dont know how to call that though! I forgot. So the pockets are like this =. I'll just share images later.
And the pants are almost blacks, and the reason why it looks like red and blue is because of the colors of the sequence.
Okay so here is my question.
I am still lost with the belt buckle. I know that they are not like the other basic buckles abd I know how it looks like, but I have no idea how that works.
Is there way to cut the sans serif for the I part on the YES SIR bracelet? Or do you guys know where they sell the chrome letter slides (that are not smaller, but exact size) that doesnt have sans serif?
What is the best and easiest way to paint plastic bat to wood bat?
What tape did yall use for the white part of the bat?

I dont know if I helped.. ;)

Hey guys! I just wanted to share some details. For YES SIR bracelets, the ones that are on sale has 4 buttons, but real one has only 2 buttons. If you can, I think its good to cut out the last two buttons haha. So the buttons are like this : not this : :
I have the png image of accurate property of joker image. I'll share it if you guys are interested! So you guys can take your jacket to embroidery shop, and they'll do it for you. Please tell me how it works because I never been there! It costs about 12 or 16 dollars. Welp it depends!
The pockets are not linear- one line pocket like the other bombers. It has 2 lines for each. I dont know how to call that though! I forgot. So the pockets are like this =. I'll just share images later.
And the pants are almost blacks, and the reason why it looks like red and blue is because of the colors of the sequence.
I am still lost with the belt buckle. I know that they are not like the other basic buckles abd I know how it looks like, but I have no idea how that works.
Is there way to cut the sans serif for the I part on the YES SIR bracelet? Or do you guys know where they sell the chrome letter slides (that are not smaller, but exact size) that doesnt have sans serif?

I used a fabric athletic tape. For the plastic bat you're going to need to find a primer that will stick to it, I don't like working with paint on plastic. Once you figure the priming out, you have the fun of trying to achieve the wood look (which was trial and error for me)
what I did was paint a base coat of magnolia mixed with an ocre colour, then I drew the wood grain with various colour pencils (browns, oranges) then watered down some acrylic paint (3 different brown colours) and went over the wood grain. I also blotted on the watered down paints to add texturing and dimension, and also a dirty look. You can see how my bat came out earlier in this thread.

Hi there! I think you can buy those types of letters on Etsy. If not maybe eBay, a craft store etc.
As far as the tape goes, I play hockey and had some cloth, white, stick tape lying around, so that's what I used.
For the belt I got mine from
Singapore, I think :lol , here is how the buckle works.
Harley Quinn Belt buckle 1.jpg Harley Quinn belt buckle 2.jpg

Hope this helps!

~ I Athena I

Harley Quinn Belt buckle 1.jpg

Harley Quinn belt buckle 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how the YES SIR bracelets turned out, Can I ask how you took off the press studs and re attached them? Id like to customize my pair from ebay :3

I've got a finished project to share with you all... my "YES/SIR" cuffs. I bought a pair of the ones you can find on Etsy, Amazon, and eBay, but I made a couple of modifications. I used fabric paint to make them more screen accurate and replaced the stiching.

View attachment 668807

They've been colored with a pearl-purple. I used Martha Stewart craft paint combined with a fabric medium. Her paint is the best you can use for fabric, faux leather, or any other type of material (and I mean ANY). After they were painted up I hand stiched them with a dark purple thread.

View attachment 668808

Ive also started working on the batting glove, but I'm not quite finished. Here's a few pics...

View attachment 668809

I used a bit of fabric glue on the edges so they don't fray out now that they've been cut.

View attachment 668810

The one from the film is a Marucci Elite batting glove in red. They're getting harder to find, but they're still out there. I think the design came out in 2013/2014.

Hello fellow Harley cosplayers! I'm new, but I've been lurking here forever. I've been working on my sister's Harley costume for about 3 months now. It's SO hard. Harder than I ever thought a costume could be, but it's been a blast to do. I am SO inspired by all of the costumes and accessories I've seen here! I'll be sure to post some pics here when I'm done :) I believe I bought my jacket from a fellow member here who makes them on Etsy, and it is AMAZING. I have the Hot Topic one as well, which was my first jacket. My sister comes home this weekend, so I'll have her try everything on so you can see :)

Hello fellow Harley cosplayers! I'm new, but I've been lurking here forever. I've been working on my sister's Harley costume for about 3 months now. It's SO hard. Harder than I ever thought a costume could be, but it's been a blast to do. I am SO inspired by all of the costumes and accessories I've seen here! I'll be sure to post some pics here when I'm done :) I believe I bought my jacket from a fellow member here who makes them on Etsy, and it is AMAZING. I have the Hot Topic one as well, which was my first jacket. My sister comes home this weekend, so I'll have her try everything on so you can see :)

Can't wait to see! My jacket is here, so my costume is complete!! I will post some pictures soon.

​~I Athena I

We got my 3D printed ring from thecatwho, on shape ways, and just had it gold plated and pinned! It looks awesome. :lol

Harley Ring #1.jpg Harley Ring #2.jpg Harley Ring #3.jpg Harley Ring #4.jpg

Harley Ring #5.jpg Harley Ring #6.jpg

~ I Athena I

Harley Ring #1.jpg

Harley Ring #2.jpg

Harley Ring #3.jpg

Harley Ring #4.jpg

Harley Ring #5.jpg

Harley Ring #6.jpg

I have a question. Since hot topic one is very accurate, do you think I can paint the back to match with the front? Because I've realized that the back is reversed, but front is just fine. So do you think I can paint them with fabric paint?

omg i love it!!! Which option did you choose at shapeways and where did you get it gold pleated?

Hi there! We had it printed in the yellow plastic. My dad is a prop master so he took it to one of his prop houses to get it done. I believe they called it vacuum metalizing. [ since it's a plastic thing ] But I just have always called it gold plated. HA:lol
Thanks for all the compliments!!!

~
I Athena I

Omg everything looks amazing <3 Did you get the ring gold plated and how did you get it hinged together? ^_^

View attachment 673196View attachment 673197
Finally got the ring back from the jeweler! It looks so incredible! It was printed in the gold stainless and it has this really cool wood grain look to it. Awesome job thecatwho!
The last bit of jewelry I need to assemble is the safety pin ear cuff.

Safety pin earrings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-Gold...Z-Safety-Pin-Threader-Earrings-/331994634256?

Spikes from Metalinstitution on etsy

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back