Definitive Harley Quinn suicide squad thread

Just wanted to pass this along. I know people have already found various links to replica Jackets - but I was walking around the mall and saw a new store called "box lunch". For every $10 spent, they donate a meal to the local homeless shelter. They have a bunch of shirts, jackets, toys, etc. The jacket looked very close to the original prop in person. I have some pictures I took up close if anyone wants to see.

http://www.boxlunchgifts.com/produc...rley-quinn-womens-bomber-jacket/10640811.html

If you're gonna spend $80 on cosplay, you might as well help donate some money too. :)

I also wanted to point out that Harley's choker uses a "locking buckle" (the tongue/prong has a loop on the end that you can put a padlock through)
This image is a clear example of the type of buckle I believe they've used for her choker:
View attachment 659261

She also *sometimes* has a heart-shaped padlock. Here's one of my research pages along with a couple of items I thought looked very close:
View attachment 659259
OMG. I saw the movie four times just to make notes on her costume and have poured over the pics of the actual movie props repeatedly and never noticed the lock before! Thank you for pointing that out!

Hey everyone! I've finally put up both parts of Harley's Human and Hyena Skull Ring on Shapeways! The links are listed below.

PLEASE NOTE: Neither of the designs include a hinge bar to connect the two pieces, that will have to be added yourself, or you can glue the two parts if you don't need the ring to bend. For myself, I plan on having both sides cast in polished brass, and I will have a jeweler add the hinge bar.

Harley Quinn Skull Ring Part 1
2hq5q9l.png

Harley Quinn Skull Ring Part 2
sbui3s.png

Also, If there's a material not listed that you would like for me to add, please let me know! Sizes are listed in the "About this Product" section.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the GOOD NIGHT on Harley's bat, I used the Bernard font people have been suggesting and put it on top of a photo and warped the letters in photoshop until they matched the reference more accurately.
I had to re-draw most of the G and I'm really pleased with the result.

Here's a text comparison:
View attachment 659249

And here's an image of the text ready to print onto A4 paper (if you want to use it, make sure you check it's the size you want and check the space between the words. I also added a border around each letter after drawing them onto my prop because I wanted the letters to be thicker.):

View attachment 659255

Thank you for this! I had already done and sealed my bat but this has inspired me to go back and fix it as it is 100x better than the template I made lol

Hey everyone! I've finally put up both parts of Harley's Human and Hyena Skull Ring on Shapeways! The links are listed below.

PLEASE NOTE: Neither of the designs include a hinge bar to connect the two pieces, that will have to be added yourself, or you can glue the two parts if you don't need the ring to bend. For myself, I plan on having both sides cast in polished brass, and I will have a jeweler add the hinge bar.

Harley Quinn Skull Ring Part 1
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2hq5q9l.jpg

Harley Quinn Skull Ring Part 2
http://oi65.tinypic.com/sbui3s.jpg

Also, If there's a material not listed that you would like for me to add, please let me know! Sizes are listed in the "About this Product" section.
I am absolutely gonna buy these after Dragon Con! Too bad we couldn't get a run going in time, but them's the breaks... great work!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to address the size of the ring, and/or why the top and bottom are different ring sizes, since I've had a few people ask...

If you have the ring cast in a metal, you should be able to resize it, or have a jeweler do it for you. The band doesn't completely close. Also, the top part of the ring (part 1) is a smaller ring size because the top part of someones finger is usually smaller than the bottom part. You wouldn't want the bottom part of the ring (part 2) to be snug if the ring is bending with your finger; I've tested this out myself.

Feel free to message me if any of you have questions!

Thank you so much for sharing that! Your plastic prices are reasonable, too (not having used Shapeways, I'm not sure if you set them or not).

Edit: But why are they sold separately? They're suppossed to go together.

Anyway, for anyone else thinking of getting one, black plastic makes a better base for gold colors than the white. That's the one I'll be buying. :cool

Thank you so much for sharing that! Your plastic prices are reasonable, too (not having used Shapeways, I'm not sure if you set them or not).

Edit: But why are they sold separately? They're suppossed to go together.

Anyway, for anyone else thinking of getting one, black plastic makes a better base for gold colors than the white. That's the one I'll be buying. :cool

I wish I could have had them printed as a single piece, but it wasn't possible to keep the aesthetic and function. Since they weren't designed together as a single piece, they have to be printed seperatly.

Does anyone have a source for this black and gold harlequin fabric? I have seen what hot topic has to offer as far as the dress, but I am seeking a fabric source. Thank you
harley-quinn-empire-192250.jpg

There's this, but I don't know if the diamonds are big enough.

http://www.threadsofgreenfabrics.co...cts_id=5823&osCsid=cvdk8bq9ga64tbbtpr8ukier23

Hate to say it, but I would probably make it myself out of gold and black lame, same as you would make quilting squares, then cut the pattern out of that. Probably easier than finding the original.

I'll have to agree that the squares aren't right, but thank you all the same! Sadly I may just have to resort to piecing it together.

And here's an image of the text ready to print onto A4 paper (if you want to use it, make sure you check it's the size you want and check the space between the words. I also added a border around each letter after drawing them onto my prop because I wanted the letters to be thicker.):

View attachment 659255

This is GREAT! Thank you for sharing this. :)

I'm curious how people are making their stencils for these words - I used an exacto-knife on cardstock paper for my stencil; does anyone have a better/easier way?

I'm curious how people are making their stencils for these words - I used an exacto-knife on cardstock paper for my stencil; does anyone have a better/easier way?

Hey! Been lurkin' on this thread for a while because I wanted to make my own Harley bat. It's finished now, I'll post pictures, just need to get grip tape. Thought I'd pop in to share how I did my stencils. Basically I printed out the 'Good Night' on paper to scale, cut it out of the paper, then wrapped my bat in masking tape (carefully marking where I wanted the GOOD NIGHT writing to be), and then I put my paper stencil over the masking tape, traced it on, then cut the masking tape with an exacto. Basically just made the stencils out of masking tape, very gently. Took a while as to not carve into the bat underneath too much but it yeilded very good results in my opinion :)

Well personally, I printed mine out onto paper and covered in a thick type of clear tape to help protect against tearing and to make the paper stronger. I used a craft knife to cut the letters out and left a gap at the top of the middle sections for the two O's and the D:
pic 1 ver2.png

I was attempting a fake bat (my attempt failed, it's not super-heavy but despite being hollow it has enough weight that I doubt any UK convention would allow it) so I don't know if you could draw straight onto a wooden bat in the same way that I did to achieve the same look. I drew the letters on with a red Crayola pencil and went around the border with a black pencil. I also made the border a bit thicker because the letters came out too small for my liking:
pic 2.png

I went over it with a red sharpie, I didn't use a black one because the black pencil seemed to do its job fine, I love how it came out - this is the finished bat (the detailing is a bit darker than original but even after adding a wood grain detail it looked like a toy so I decided it would look better with more of a "used" dirty look):
pic 3.png

Her original below if you wanted to compare. I think I got the lettering fairly close and I'm really pleased with the result. Sorry that was long-winded but I thought it might help to see the result I got from my template :)

28708273191_679638c76b_o.jpg

For all you con-friendly bat hunters out there, Spirit Halloween has a foam bat, pretty realistic, for 20 bucks(CDN).

I printed out the same stencil pictured, then duct-taped my bat, drew the letters onto sticky shelf liner, cut them out, stuck them to the duct tape, drew and cut out with an xacto, then spraypainted primer, then red. Whew! Probably an easier way...

EDIT: Just realised (because I'm slow) that the back is "backwards" anyway, so I don't think I'll be getting this jacket.

Someone shared a link to this jacket earlier in the thread, and out of all the jackets I've come across, this is my favourite - the back has really nice detail, the fabric does look closer to the original. The only thing that bugs me is that both sleeves are half red and half blue whereas Harley's actual jacket seems to have each sleeve a full single colour. Would it be possible to seam-rip and take off the wrong coloured sections and sew them to the sides they should be on?

jacket comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Made some progress. Just need to get a wrap. Was thinking of ordering a 1" hockey/ baseball tape as that is what it looks like vs. the smaller baseball wraps I see locally. Is this similar to what others are using? no, just to start tinkering with all the cursive.
20160904_214717.jpg20160904_214704.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back