Mystery Alaska jersey

Gman666

I have looked everywhere and called many hockey stores looking for a Mystery Alaska jersey. For those not familiar Mystery Alaska is the story of a town in Alaska, Mystery, playing a hockey game against the New York Rangers. Russell Crowe stars along with Burt Reynolds. I have looked for this jersey since the movie was released. It looks like it is made out of leather? It is definitely not the same material as most hockey jerseys are made of. The reason for the difference, Mystery plays games out in the open on a pond. The outside temp is one of the factors during the game with the Rangers. Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks,

Greg

Here is a pic. I got it from starwares.com. I tried to contact, but got no reply. Please let me know if I need to remove. Not a direct/hot link.
1208450356.jpg

There's jersey stores that do custom jobs, maybe you should print out a high res pic of the jersey and see if they can make one for ya.

Thanks for the reply. I have asked a few shops and they have quoted me on the jersey. They are not fimiliar with it or its construction. They have no propblem doing custom designs, but I think this is a different material and not air knit. Before I comitted to that, I wanted to see if anyone had done the research and had a current jersey available.

Draper just scored from Shanahan.. Actually credited to Shananhan, go RedWings...

Greg

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Jan 14 2006, 02:16 PM
There's jersey stores that do custom jobs, maybe you should print out a high res pic of the jersey and see if they can make one for ya.
[snapback]1159093[/snapback]​

i was offered a role on crowes hockey team for this flick :p

turned it down due to prior commitments though....

id say check into old style jerseys and what they were made out of, cause the design does seem similar to the old style
if you check out this old rocket Richard sweater, looks like it hangs the same way, and has the same neck line from the looks of it
702010035o.jpg

so finding info on the old sweaters and the material they were made out of would be my first step,

The cut might be the same, but the material looks different. Let me know what you guys think the material is. I am still leaning toward a type of leather. I think that is what makes the jersey unique.

Greg

Shanahan is the man. He is playing the best I have ever seen.

Here are some bigger pics. Look at the material. It is not air knit like the replicas or the material of most jerseys, maybe a felt? It is definitely closed celled. I can get one using current material, but like I said the look makes it unique. It distinguishes it from the common material for indoor hockey.

Greg

untitled.jpg

RC-on-the-set_jpg.jpg

Detroit wins and a shootout between the Stars and Bruins. I am so thrilled hockey is back.

style is definatly the old style jersey, so you can work off that....but get it made in a thicker material, a simple wool/cotton blend or something like that would be my guess.... its not leather though,

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back