Luc Besson's Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Post-release)

Re: Luc Besson's Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Thanks for posting this Vivek, been waiting patiently for this. The teaser looks great!

That looks fantastic! Hope we get some good dialogue in the next trailer. Visuals look excellent.

Thanks Vivek!
Given this is "Euro sci fi" and Luc Besson I imagine the story is a bit out there. The two leads look as good as the visuals. I always wanted that guy to be Lukes son in any SW sequels we got!!! Maybe this will be a new franchise . Looking forward to it

I don't know this story at all, so I'm not saying anything about that. But, is it just me, or are all scifi movies starting to look exactly the same?
My initial impression of this trailer is that it looks cobbled together from Jupiter Ascending, GOTG, AOTC and even the 5th Element. With a deliberately "non-Inception-y" score that harkens back to... the GOTG or Suicide Squad trailers.

Wow. Just as every sci-fi film after Alien was influenced by its design it seems that, for this generation, GotG has influenced the look sci-fi with the blue-purple-green color palatte of space and the classic pop soundtrack.

But I also missed seeing Besson's eye for alien design and costumes that was all over The Fifth Element.

Please let it not be another "chosen one"-type story.

Cant wait for this one!!! Love me some space opera!

I hope that they keep the characters background stories the same as the comic.

It certainly looks interesting.

Fifth Element is one of my favorites...still haven't seen Lucy yet.

I know you can't tell much from a trailer...but I'm underwhelmed.... I was really looking forward to this one, but I'm worried it will be another typical modern movie with all flash and no substance.

I really hope not.

Lexus seemed to have designed one of the ships in the movie.

http://jalopnik.com/lexus-put-its-awkward-ugly-face-on-a-spacecraft-for-val-1788839309

ouij8nfbgmxzigbinkmg.jpg

Attachments

• ouij8nfbgmxzigbinkmg.jpg
    ouij8nfbgmxzigbinkmg.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 206

I know you can't tell much from a trailer...but I'm underwhelmed.... I was really looking forward to this one, but I'm worried it will be another typical modern movie with all flash and no substance.

I really hope not.
I think it'll be all flash.
I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but The Fifth Element was all about the flash too, and I watch it repeatedly only for the flash. I have no empathy for the characters. Mila Jovovitch was at her most entertaining only because she doesn't have much dialogue and isn't trying to be serious. Bruce Wllis never looked more ridiculous and out of place. It's just a series of set pieces and sight gags but that's what I like it for. I suspect this isn't going to be much different.

GotG set a high bar for character development. For that reason I predict critics might be harsh on this film. But I will still enjoy the visuals.

Last edited:

Never heard of this before, but it looks interesting I guess. As long as there are no prophecies or chosen ones in it , I'll check it out.

So pumped about this!!! Luc besson really need to do a proper sci fi come back. I hope the storyline will be good. Visuals look to be pretty good though. So I guess there's that if its a flop XD

Hmmmm.....all i'm getting is The 5th Element, John Carter and The Phantom Menace.......

Rich

Luc Besson is back in the SciFi realm! Looks like his 5th Element, but on speed! Looking forward to thoughtful creature design and strange new worlds. But most of all I hope the storytelling holds up!

It seems that he got some of his idea out of Valerian for the fifth element, so yeah x)

I just wish the main characters were a tad older, they feel a bit too young for the roles.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back