boba fett Ralph Macquarie concept

WP_20150617_004.jpg ddWP_20150617_003.jpgWP_20150617_002.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

WP_20150617_006.jpgGetting there I should have it wraped up by next week

This is amazing work. I'm really interested in how you mold the helmet - I've scratch built a stormtrooper bucket Atlanthia-style and want to make a mold from it so I can cast a resin version. However, I'm a complete noob at this and have found no reference materials for casting helmets. Anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you guys for complements you guys are great ill post up pics of mold when get it ready ill be doing the antenna greeblies this weekend.i do my molds a bit different it Will be two parts mold because this helmet has indented piece by the nose section which I modify of for greeblies to fit snug and no modifications needed to install might as well do it now then later helmet mold I do with o ring for roto casting on the bottom this allows me to coat it nicely with layers of I'm not cheap on resin I do six heavy Coates helmet should feel like a helmet anyways I use different method for casting I do three coates first of smooth on task two colored in gray and reinforce more with three Coates of black onyx fast setting after experiments of I find this combination to be the strongest both resins are heat resistance so you know what that means no shrinkage no warping lives forever ever.

Thanks both of you! Some interesting info to note for later. I have to figure out what happens with eye lenses and mic tips, etc. Don't want to wreck the build, even though it's far from perfect...

My wife is doing pretty darn good painting her helmet check it out guys

Attachments

• WP_20150625_012.jpg
    WP_20150625_012.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 95
  • WP_20150625_013.jpg
    WP_20150625_013.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 75
  • WP_20150625_014.jpg
    WP_20150625_014.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back