the flash cw etsy cosplay suit

Yeah it would need red piping and the screen printed fabric to be added. I didn't think they would switch out the leather for it. Shoulda asked about that and the red. Completely overlooked the ab section. Crap

A bit more progress on my suit. The torso was wide on my jacket by a few inches, so I took in the side seams. It caused a break in the gold trim, but I'll live with it for now. Lesson learned, be pretty specific about your measurements, I gave them my exact waist, but I think they add an inch or two to accommodate the jacket's thickness and for movement/flexibility. Did anyone else have that issue?

I also painted my emblem and belt bolts to white/gold, and sewed an underhood to use with the xCoser cowl. Depending on my week and if I can find a matching paint, I may also repaint the cowl as it's a little light. For the underhood, the closest fabric I could find with the right color ended up being a stretch velvet; I used the smooth underside as my "right" side, so the velvet texture is next to my skin, adding to the heat, lol. Oh, the things we do for cosplay. There's some extra fabric around the neck, but I needed it to be wide enough to fit over my head, and wasn't interested in putting in a zipper just yet. I may do another underhood later, as I have a ton of velvet left over and I can cannabalize the invisible zipper from the fabric cowl.

FlashWIP_082815.jpgunderhood.jpg

Just got back from SacAnime yesterday evening. I wore my Flash suit (Ali Express suit + xCoser cowl) for the beginning of the day and it was a hit! Lot's of photos and video footage taken. I wore the suit for about 5ish hours; I could've worn it longer had it not been so hot in Sacramento this weekend. I tried to stay indoors as much as possible. Definitely better suited to a cooler/winter con than something in the summer. See more photos soon at http://www.facebook.com/EffektdCosplay/

One thing to note is that the boots included with the Ali Express suit aren't really made for heavy activity, lol. The outer red pleather has already started ripping at the edge of the sole and on one the tan lining is actually detaching from the sole itself. I'm probably gonna cut them off outright and attach better shoes. Se the last few photos below.

lostSymbiote1.jpg lostSymbiote2.jpg
IMG_4684.JPG IMG_4683.JPG IMG_4685.JPG

(don't know why it attached my last photo, but it's a preview from a photoshoot)

Attachments

• 11952037_869932899722271_1868134447535901315_n.jpg
    11952037_869932899722271_1868134447535901315_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 221
Very cool!

Yes. The waist was too big on mine as well. They said they can only make it so tight otherwise it will mess up the design.
I'm going to maybe add some elastic inside to tighten it and see how that goes.

The back side is also shorter than the front, in the show and has what I think are forced wrinkles OR there could be another belt on the other side of the external belt feeding through belt loops on the pants, which raises it or wherever the pants fall and would also keep the jacket from coming up and showing any skin. That's just my opinion.

Either way, I asked them to make the back slightly shorter in length. It's more comfortable that way for me.

They made me another jacket because of all my issues with the fitting and they are sending me pictures before shipping now. All is good EXCEPT they STILL made the arm pits too low. The are at the bottom of the chest area. Nobody has armpits that low haha. This makes it impossible to make the running pose for me. It constantly pulls because the length from the armpit down to the bottom of the jacket and the armpit to the wrist of the sleeve. Armpits need to be a little above chest. I have sent them a slew of pictures like the ones below. They have to make another one which will take another week, plus the 5 day shipping.

So I'll be getting it October 1st and NY Comic Con is the 9th so I'll have a week to do my desired mods and whatnot. I have many design and features in mind. Once, I finish the whole things. I'll do a write-up.

collage.jpgandy-meintus-grant-gustin-pied-piper-flash-set-13.jpgUT8NRzpXwdXXXagOFbXV.jpgArmpit_Sleeve_Compare.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!

Yes. The waist was too big on mine as well. They said they can only make it so tight otherwise it will mess up the design.
I'm going to maybe add some elastic inside to tighten it and see how that goes.

The back side is also shorter than the front, in the show and has what I think are forced wrinkles OR there could be another belt on the other side of the external belt feeding through belt loops on the pants, which raises it or wherever the pants fall and would also keep the jacket from coming up and showing any skin. That's just my opinion.

Either way, I asked them to make the back slightly shorter in length. It's more comfortable that way for me.

They made me another jacket because of all my issues with the fitting and they are sending me pictures before shipping now. All is good EXCEPT they STILL made the arm pits too low. The are at the bottom of the chest area. Nobody has armpits that low haha. This makes it impossible to make the running pose for me. It constantly pulls because the length from the armpit down to the bottom of the jacket and the armpit to the wrist of the sleeve. Armpits need to be a little above chest. I have sent them a slew of pictures like the ones below. They have to make another one which will take another week, plus the 5 day shipping.

So I'll be getting it October 1st and NY Comic Con is the 9th so I'll have a week to do my desired mods and whatnot. I have many design and features in mind. Once, I finish the whole things. I'll do a write-up.

View attachment 530116View attachment 530117View attachment 530118View attachment 530119
What did you do with the cowl in those pictures?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I cut the back down the middle seam to try and remove the extra material making it too big for my face but found putting an elastic band inside did the job. So I pieced it back together. For the jaw, I cut in different spots and glued it back together when it didn't work. Finally, I took a profile picture of the cowl on my face and photoshopped the correct location to cut and remove extra material, which would raise the jaw to the right spot. (Jaw was too low on me) That's why it is detached as of now. I will glue it back and try and cover the cut seams with Ure-Bond or just more urethane rubber. Then putting foam inside the ears. Then on to airbrushing.

Similar process for neck piece.

Some more photos from SacAnime that I've gotten back of my suit. The xCoser cowl is a little more magenta than my suit, and it's more obvious when a flash (no pun intended) from a camera shines on it. I'll be looking for a good spraypaint that I can use to recolor the cowl; it's plastic so I think most off the shelf paint should be ok.

Photos by Blizzard Terrak and Toshi Studios.
See more at http://www.facebook.com/EffektdCosplay/

Attachments

• DSC_1773.jpg
    DSC_1773.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Toshi_05.jpg
    Toshi_05.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 265
what did you use to paint the bolt?

For the chest bolt it was just white and gold spray paint. But since the emblem was rubber the paint rubbed off a bit. I've got a new 3d printed plastic emblem, which I also painted with the same gold spraypaint (the 3d print was white already).

For the bolts on the belt, those were sewn onto the suit. I used some gold acrylic mixed with a little liquid latex for flexibility. I had to do 2-3 coats for full coverage. The gold doesn't match exactly, but it matches enough.

Does anyone know the difference between the $242.20 USD set and $160.55 USD set on the flash costume from Angela Ji's aliexpress store? It doesn't say

Does anyone know the difference between the $242.20 USD set and $160.55 USD set on the flash costume from Angela Ji's aliexpress store? It doesn't say

$160 is just the jacket and pants. $242 is jacket, pants, cowl, gloves, and boots. After ordering my own suit, she told me to start using this link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...Halloween-Costume-Men/437969_32405384038.html

Make sure you're seeing the green background, that's the newest version of her suit (v3, I believe)

I just bought the xcosure cowl today. I plan on buying the rest of the suit in November. I'm going to be wearing it to Ohayocon in January.
I was wondering how good the emblem is on the suit. Is it worth it to buy a 3D printed one from shapeways?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not sure if buying a new pair of boots is worth it. I just spent a day walking in them and they ripped. It's very thin material. I think it needs to be reinforced or attached to a better sole. Hmmm

Was your helmet a little misshapen when you first got it? If so, do you know the best way to get it back into shape?

Yeah, it was mishapen. Just hit it with a little heat (I used a blow dryer, no need for a heat gun) and bend it back.

One thing to keep in mind is that the chin is cut slightly off center; looking at it head on, the left side is slightly longer than the right. This is a result of the mold, every mask I've seen has this imperfection. The good news is that you can't really tell unless you look at it dead center anyway, so it's easy to hide.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back