the flash cw etsy cosplay suit

Hey JKRIB your suit looks great, and are they also fixed this?
45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@funny0 yes that is one line now, no split

Update: They said they will send me replacement pants (I think for free)

Last edited:
How tall are you? As my suit arrives within the next few days so if mine are 3 inches to short then we know what happened lol.

I'm 6ft 2" with a 42" waist

My suit arrived all looks fine with it apart from my bum is still to big so the pants feel like they don't fit to well.

Also the gloves as small as hell. Feel like they will rip.

My suit arrived all looks fine with it apart from my bum is still to big so the pants feel like they don't fit to well.

Also the gloves as small as hell. Feel like they will rip.

Haha, yeah I'm lucky I got smaller hands. They fit me just fine. The ones that came with my Arrow costume were too small though

UPDATE: They have made and shipped the pants for free and it's very fast so got to give them credit.
Hopefully these will come in 10 days like the others and I can give another (hopefully positive) update!

Last edited:
Just negotiating with the store about bigger gloves for free.

Even though I stated I would need a bigger pair of gloves before placing the order. I'm now being told that I need to state I would need tell them I need bigger gloves if I place any future orders.

? ??????????? Eh? Ok now I'm Confuzelled

when you say bigger glove do you mean length or space cuz i got long skinny fingers and it don't look small for me in the pics also can someone take a close up pic of there gloves plz

Last edited:
Just an update. I got my new pants 10 day later. Like I predicted haha.

They fit much better. Knees are still a bit low by .5 to an inch.. but when wearing the boots they move up a bit

Update again: I'm noticing my sleeves are wrinkling a little too much because they are an inch and a half too long.

Plus I've noticed the stitching on the belt is uneven. What I mean is the zig zags are not the same distance on each side.

And now that I try on the boots with the right pants, they are tight. I gave them my exact foot measurements and they made it exactly that. So there's not really wiggle room.

Gonna try and get a tailor here to fix the sleeves and take the belt off and put it back on right.

Also the back has a lot of room. I'm looking at the show and the back is shorter length and tighter so I guess I need the seam tightened.

Wish I didn't care about these little things lol

Last edited:
Got my suit from this seller yesterday! They said they "accidentally shipped with 3-4 day instead of 2 week." I wasn't complaining, lol. Everything for surprisingly well. Only issue is the thighs and waist is a bit too tight. I have to in button to bend over.
17oPB+

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my son wearing his suit.
His is the earlier version with the mistake on the back, but we are waiting for a piece of leather from the creator so that we can fix it at a local seamstress.
We believe we bought from the originator of the costume, but it doesn't matter. Suit is well made.
I sent sizes that would allow my son room to grow into it so he can wear it more than a couple of times (growing teenager).
He wore it to a Wizard World Comic Con and he was a hit with fans!
Attached is a pic of the suit and the cowl I made for him out of foam, since we couldn't afford to buy TheRocketter's cowls.
I'm debating repainting the lightening bolts gold instead of the yellow they came in.

You guys look great in your costumes!

R/
Mark

IMG_20150801_160540897.jpg
IMG_20150710_212559.jpg

Ordered my suit last week. I also ordered an XCoser Flash cowl and got it earlier this week. It was a little big on my head, but nothing some foam wouldn't fix to pad it out. I was trying it on at work, which was why I was holding it up at the chin. Otherwise, it was a nice budget cowl for my suit. It comes with a black balaclava/face sock to cover the back of the head and neck, which I'll recreate with some maroon spandex. It's not the full cowl of the show, but it's a sacrifice for comfort and mobility I'm willing to make.

11817050_857799100935651_2147443462176339025_n.jpg

I ordered an xcoser mask a little bit ago just to see what it was like and I was disappointed that the lightning bolts on the side are the exact same bolt. Instead of making a left and right bolt they simply rotated it slightly and then painted it fairly poorly. Is it the same situation with yours?

I ordered an xcoser mask a little bit ago just to see what it was like and I was disappointed that the lightning bolts on the side are the exact same bolt. Instead of making a left and right bolt they simply rotated it slightly and then painted it fairly poorly. Is it the same situation with yours?

No, my bolts were unique to each side. My only issues were that one bolt is tilted a little more than the other, but it's minor and you can't really tell. In my previous post (with the full picture of the cowl) you can see the right bolt slightly. Here's the left bolt, repainted in gold.

LeftBolt.jpg

No, my bolts were unique to each side. My only issues were that one bolt is tilted a little more than the other, but it's minor and you can't really tell. In my previous post (with the full picture of the cowl) you can see the right bolt slightly. Here's the left bolt, repainted in gold.

View attachment 516241

That doesn't look bad. What kind of paint and color gold is that?

Actually while I'm on this topic what did you guys do about the yellow on the symbol and lightning bolts on the etsy suit? I was thinking about detaching the bolts, spray painting them and then reattaching them with gorilla gel. As far as the symbol I was going to tape off the red portions and spray paint it gold as well.

Two more things:

Not sure about the exact color of the symbol and the bolts as I believe they are slightly different shades of gold. Anyone have an idea of what kind of gold and whether this material will stand up to spray paint?

I would appreciate any help.

What kind of paint and color gold is that?

Rustoleum American Accents Bright Metallics Gold, it's just what I had on hand, not really matched to footage or anything. It worked out ok, the xCoser cowl and bolts are PVC (plastic) so it should take to paint pretty well. Dunno about the bolts or emblem of the suit, but I'll also be removing them, painting in the same Rustoleum, and reattaching. Going to coat the emblem in white primer and mask off the circle beforehand.

I was also planning on upgrading the suit in similar fashions.

1. I requested the belt buckle have velcro on both sides. I am going to replace with a 3D printed one
2. I am either going to repaint the chest emblem white and gold or get a custom-sized 3D printed one to match
3. I also requested the belt bolts be separate so there is no stitching in them and makes it easier to paint or I might just get 3D printed ones
4. Maybe dye the fabric part of the suit darker
5. Maybe replace the sleeve zippers with invisible zippers (Like on the boot and on the back of the mask that comes with it)

I also don't like how the zipper handle, at the neck pushes the flap open a bit

I am also working on altering my Rocketeer V2 cowl to fit my face better and have a more-screen accurate Reverse Flash suit coming. The store couldn't do all the changes I requested for Reverse though. Mostly those chest veins. Otherwise, I requested the back's lines be reshaped, the black panels on the ribs be reshaped, have velcro on the chest instead of a magnet, make the belt straight as he doesn't have bolt zig zags, etc. etc.

reverseflash.jpgreverseflash2.jpgvelcro.jpg

SUIT REVIEW

GLOVES:
No problems there. I heard the gloves ran small, but since I have smaller hands anyway they were fine.

BOOTS:
Seller was given foot length and boots fit perfectly. Calf is a little big, probably to accommodate the thickness of the pant leg.

MASK:
Fabric mask will be unused in favor of the XCoser cowl I have. I need to sew a maroon underhood, so for now here's the included black one. There's rubber lightning bolts sewn onto the included mask; I'll remove those to keep as spares for the belt on the jacket.

PANTS:
The pants fit well around the waist. I gave her an inch or so smaller than my actual waist to motivate me to get a little more fit, and the waist was tight as expected. No built-in suspenders like other ebay suits, but these have a zipper fly, waist snap, and belt loops; I used a belt to further tighten the waist. Overall the pants are big in both length and girth of the leg (feels like a straight cut instead of a slim cut pant). I'll be sewing in elastic stirrups so that the legs don't bunch up as pictured. I'll see if I can take in the width of each leg as well. As the majority of the pants, and costume for that matter, is faux leather, it gets hot as hell. Definitely not an outdoor summer costume, but should be ok in the winter or indoors.

JACKET:
(don't mind the reversed emblem in the mirror, just threw it on)
The main portion of the suit, it's well constructed and comfortable. The bolts (4 total, 2 front and 2 back) are rubber and sewn on, so I'll have to paint them attached to the jacket. Emblem is also rubber, with a magnet on the back. It's not very strong though, so I may just permanently attach some industrial velcro to the emblem and jacket flap. Zippers on the front as well as the sleeves, along with thumb loops so they don't ride up. Length is fine; the arms bunch a little, but when outstretched they flatten a little more. Unfortunately, even with my measurements it ended up being a little big around. I may try to take in the jacket via the side seams, but there's a bit of gold trim that bridges that seam so it may break there. I'm wider at the waist than I want to be, but the waist is an inch or two bigger than even that; I was hoping the waist would be pretty tight now, so that it would fit proper when I'm eventually thinner.

That being said, I'm really happy with the overall quality. Just need to add stirrups to the pants, sew a maroon underhood, paint the emblem and bolts to gold, and hopefully take it in a little in the jacket's waist.

IMG_4561.JPG

EDIT: I was able to take in the sides seams about an inch on both sides, jacket fits way better now. It causes a break in the gold line that goes from the front to the back of the jacket, but it's a welcome sacrifice instead of looking like a sack of potatoes.

IMG_4561.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
[/QUOTE] I am also working on altering my Rocketeer V2 cowl to fit my face better and have a more-screen accurate Reverse Flash suit coming. The store couldn't do all the changes I requested for Reverse though. Mostly those chest veins. Otherwise, I requested the back's lines be reshaped, the black panels on the ribs be reshaped, have velcro on the chest instead of a magnet, make the belt straight as he doesn't have bolt zig zags, etc. etc.

View attachment 518994View attachment 518995View attachment 518996[/QUOTE]

Man that Reverse Flash suit would need quite some work to get it more accurate, but I'm interested to see what it looks like so please keep us updated. I'm trying to decide what to do for an RF suit. Were there any other changes they wouldn't make? The ab section should also have 8 lines, not 6. And is there any red piping on the suit?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back