Episode 7 Blaster & Holster Clip

Great! Now I can take my name off the label... this is as close as I can make out what it looks like.
blaster-04.jpg
label.jpg
label-LEFT.jpg
Here is a pic of the sidearm attached to the thigh... why wouldn't they just make the bracket "one size fits all"?
It's only (+ or -) 74mm between knobs... seems like enough room for a sidearm...but then again that would explain the multi-layered mounting system.
Screen_Shot_2015-04-16_at_6.59.19_AM.0.png

Last edited:
I agree with you, that's why i prefer avoiding to base my thoughts on the ANOVOS armors as we don't really know how accurate they are.

Also, this design would not only work, it also seems to me closer to what we can see on the original armors from TFA that were displayed at Celebration 7 (orange background). This "bow" like section is the one thing that is missing on your design, and the knobs can't be on the blaster (even though the only ones we have seen so far are ANOVOS', so we don't know how reliable they are).

Here are two more pictures of what is see. It is mostly your own design (but the dimensions are off), but once assembled the aspect is similar to what we can see on the original armors:
17457311139_bdae37b096_c.jpg

(The thickest section probably has some details carved on it too).

17617304926_4f38e8f9ca_c.jpg

17457486699_0fb7974bc4_b.jpg

But honestly, i doubt we have enough reference material so far to really nail the design of this latching system...

Last edited:
I agree with you, that's why i prefer avoiding to base my thoughts on the ANOVOS armors as we don't really know how accurate they are.

Also, this design would not only work, it also seems to me closer to what we can see on the original armors from TFA that were displayed at Celebration 7 (orange background). This "bow" like section is the one thing that is missing on your design, and the knobs can't be on the blaster (even though the only ones we have seen so far are ANOVOS', so we don't know how reliable they are).

Here are two more pictures of what is see. It is mostly your own design (but the dimensions are off), but once assembled the aspect is similar to what we can see on the original armors:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7675/17457311139_bdae37b096_c.jpg
(The thickest section probably has some details carved on it too).

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8793/17617304926_4f38e8f9ca_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5457/17457486699_0fb7974bc4_b.jpg
However, it seems to be at least three screws/knobs? on the original rig.

But honestly, i doubt we have enough reference material so far to really nail the design of this latching system...
--------
Now I see what you mean... funny.... I know this may sound ridiculous but I just assumed someone did not either use the correct screws or failed to put them in at all and the Blaster knobs are pulling the brackets apart in that area.

Your idea makes more sense.

--------
Now I see what you mean... funny.... I know this may sound ridiculous but I just assumed someone did not either use the correct screws or failed to put them in at all and the Blaster knobs are pulling the brackets apart in that area.
Could very much be a possibility too!

I'm so curious about this rig, i wish we had more to look upon...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back