Episode 7 Blaster & Holster Clip

Kelandrum, I have what I am told is your blaster file. I purchased it through Turbosquid. I have some questions if you wouldn't mind me sending you a PM.

Looking forward to the progress.

I did find some plastic matting used for crochet/needlepoint which has worked well in the past for mesh inserts ;)

My 2 pennies worth:

The keyhole latching is a great idea, until you want to put the blaster back 'holstered' as you're not going to be able to see it with a helmet on.

I would imagine that the holster clip was fitted with magnets & the metal strip is steel. That way the blaster could be 'holstered' by placing it close to the clip & let the magnets do the rest. To pull the blaster away, you'd pull it upwards - like you would a side arm in a conventional holster until it dis-engages from the magnets.

Do you have a picture?

I used it on this handle
onex.jpg

Wow that's look'in good ,How aggressive do you need to sand this ? , Not having felt a 3D printed piece does it take much effort to remove the printer build up lines?.

It can take quite a bit of sanding, I actually have some stuff from smooth on to use as a coating to help reduce the lines before the sanding starts. In this picture the grip and scope have been coated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It can take quite a bit of sanding, I actually have some stuff from smooth on to use as a coating to help reduce the lines before the sanding starts. In this picture the grip and scope have been coated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had thought the grip looked really smooth already , i can tell that this will be fantastic when it's done so your perseverance will pay off,great job

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back