Studio Scale Pirate Ship/Blockade Runner

I keep pinching myself.

Bonus - My wife Lisa is all nonchalant about my not only displaying it "wherever" but also building it in the TV room if I want. I have a perfect spot picked out for the Pirate and Brunner ships, and will have them both on a single welded stand (similar to the ILM one where it's cantilevered)... This is the holy grail build for me.

All this stuff is just hanging tight until the build starts, lol - this will be "giant model row"

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 10.11.07 PM.png

Looking good. This is truly one of the most difficult and challenging studio-scale builds one could ever attempt. You, Sir, are a glutton for punishment!! LOL ;) ;)

Wow!!! Craig you are amazing!! That is some incredible engineering and assembly planning! This is going to be awesome. Jason, that is so cool what you are doing with the stands, and congrats on the drydock expansion area!

Only because I wonder if it'd FIT through the 93 year old doorways from the basement studio, lol. You guys with fancy things like ... garages, sheesh :)

Yes, Bigatures are my fav! No garage for me (try to pass a 7.2 foot 2001 Space Station between a 6.8 door;)) As for your wife: she's a saint.

I keep pinching myself.

Bonus - My wife Lisa is all nonchalant about my not only displaying it "wherever" but also building it in the TV room if I want. I have a perfect spot picked out for the Pirate and Brunner ships, and will have them both on a single welded stand (similar to the ILM one where it's cantilevered)... This is the holy grail build for me.

All this stuff is just hanging tight until the build starts, lol - this will be "giant model row"

View attachment 655467
love the tie solar arrays hanging up., for a moment I thought it was a classic 70's wall clock.
with rogue one out in December if TFA is a love letter to the millennium falcon, the end of RO should see some nice footage of the rebel blockade runner , your timing to start this project is impeccable .

A couple more greeblie sets, the naked hammerhead, and the escape pods and various "caps" that were originally machined acrylic!

Has anyone posted updated parts maps for the BR? I have studied the ones founds on studioscalemodelers.com, but would sure like to see maps for the port and starboard sides (under and in front of the side gun turrets), and the top and belly, and the radar dish. A big thank you in advance if someone can share these!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back