Studio Scale Pirate Ship/Blockade Runner

Lorne has said he thinks they might have been heat sinks, but it was made just before his arrival at ILM. If they're ever found, that'd be cool, but I'll be completely happy with Craig's solution :)

Here's the brilliant thing - it's going to be a series of releases. We're starting with the engine greeblies. So thought it may run into "holy guacamole that was a LOT of money for a dust collector" it's going to be in more palatable dribs and drabs. There are a LOT of parts, and this way, Mike Salzo doesn't want to kill himself trying to keep it all straight by doing all six feet of stuff in one fell swoop.

I work for the NIH as a contractor. So it's not like I have money to throw around either, lol. All it takes is one sequester and I am selling plasma under a bridge ;)

I work for a large government contractor as well... I know all too well the impacts of a Sequester... or even the rumor of one. The last several years have been really TOUGH in this business.

Small chunks are a god-send.

Jedi Dade

Wave 1 - The Engines top and bottom, on the way to Salzo for molding and casting!

885787_10153353627278156_397401236533743261_o.jpg

All the years and money I'v spent obtaining these parts on my own, and now theyre being handed out like candy. If I'd only waited :cry

Great project mate, I look forward to seeing how it turns out..

I saw the screen model at the Archive building a couple of weeks ago and its a magnificent piece of art..

High regards
MARK

Hello Jason.

It’s very nice to see you will do this version. As I started to plan mine I was not sure which version to do. I’ve gone with the on screen version as I think there is more info out there to work with. I’m just starting to cut plastic, I hope the tubes will be back from the laser cutter this week and I can start to put things together.
I worked the ship out in the computer and tried to get the proportions correct using a plexi glass tube with 150mm diameterI think it works out nicely. I can’t afford to get all the correct parts for this model so I will go the way that Mr. Henning did and try to represent the parts that they used.

All thebest with your model I look forward to seeing it come together.

Ian Howes.
tentive IV over veiw001.JPGtentive IV over veiw002.JPGtentive IV over veiw003.JPGtentive IV over veiw004.JPG

tentive IV over veiw001.JPG

tentive IV over veiw002.JPG

tentive IV over veiw003.JPG

tentive IV over veiw004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got so many many projects I haven't started, and so many others part started but I am powerless to resist wanting to know where to sign.

Great castings and $250 per set is nice, great job Mike !

Haha now it's happening, is Lisa still OK to get it in display in the TV room ? :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back