Studio Scale Pirate Ship/Blockade Runner

Casting for Round 2 on these starts Friday. Set 1 is still available if anyone new wants to jump on. I getting pretty much back to full speed now.

Casting for Round 2 on these starts Friday. Set 1 is still available if anyone new wants to jump on. I getting pretty much back to full speed now.
Hey Mike, if you have time to cast the missing tiny part for the laser turret, that would be great, thanks !

I highly recommend getting these Sterilite containers as you go along to keep things organized. At $9 a pop at Target for three stackable tiers (only the top tier has the green insert but you can buy additional blue inserts on Amazon), you'll probably only need 4, maybe 5 for the Blockade Runner? You can inventory what you have received, verified the contents and you won't lose or misplace parts this way!

I've inventoried, and now I have to clean and trim everyone :)

12509436_10153899287303156_8755482013069848015_n.jpg

It's the part from an AMT trailer that goes between the 2 jeep willys parts on the front of the turret, between the barrels.

part 107

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    520.1 KB · Views: 336
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Pic is too small, is there a part # from the AMT kit, a pic of the actual part would help. I just don't remember seeing the part at all right now.

Mike, it's definitely in the molds somewhere - I got them in my sets.

Do you remember if it's in the first set or the add on? What is the actual kit (ie 1/25 AMT blah blah blah). I may need to buy a kit to make a new mold of just that part.

It'll be really exciting to do the Pirate version, too. White with grey and yellow panels... so weird and cool!

View attachment 574466
Do you mean the original build as intended , the millennium falcon.......when you hear the level of detail that was done to the paint job ( distinctly remember in an interview someone mentioned joe Johnston had cut an eraser into a footprint in match scale (which was larger something like 1/24) and used it to place foot print over the top to places where maintainence was being done )
id imagine someone took detailed negatives of all these models under construction , they should offer them up for sale :)

Yep. I'm doing that one and the Blockade Runner as built for ANH - not ROTJ and not the "restoration" frankenstein that tours now.
The pics are indeed out there, in private hands.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah - you can see the open hatch on the side of the main body tube, so 1/24th is probably pretty close? Whatever the 5 foot falcon is

it's covered in decals and it's very similar to the original Blue 1 X-Wing and Red Y-Wing colors. Bright, not tan or greyed down as much.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/roboterkampf/4334082174/in/album-72157623361648478/
Brilliant seeing it up close as the falcon, and the round rectenna of the falcon, brilliant
I had been teaching my son the history of the studio scale falcon and blockade runner and recently showed him an image of the space 1999 eagle , his reply "that looks nothing like the original falcon , I laughed out loud at that .could have saved joe Johnston a lot of heartache if my son was in charge back then

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back