First Foam Build: Ends Of The Earth Inspired Spider-Man Armor (PIC Heavy)

Heres a pic from Wondercon. I'll post more soon
media_1459097944217.jpg

So after wearing this for a day and seeing lots of pics, I'll be adding some stuff over the next few weeks... I've been working on It forever, I know.. but it will be better.. I've got some cool ideas in mind. And, as always, I'll keep posting updates :) bear with me

So I've made a list of things I need to do (or want to do) to my armor

Also, I've named it: Spider-Man Mark V

Here's the list:
-Make new shoulder pieces
-Make elbow pads to attach to the gauntlets
-Create cowl for under helmet
-Fix helmet switch placement for lights
-Create this cool spine piece I'm designing:
TO DO WITH ARMOR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here's some more pics from Wondercon!
p4Oq4B (1).jpgZYHdz9.jpgSpidey and Hulk Buster.jpgrUBhqE.jpgIArLr3.jpgBackstage.jpgOn stage.jpg

All cut out and shaped and ready to be sealed. It's two pieces so I can still bend forward. I'll explain how it attaches when I get to that point... Suffice it to say, magnets.
Always, magnets.
IMAG1771.jpgIMAG1772.jpg

This is honestly the most creative spiderman build I've seen so far. I absolutely love that this was done with mostly foam. I was thinking about making a spiderman armor set too, so if I do, it's probably going to end up looking similar to that action figure, and definitely be inspired based off of your design! :D Thanks so much for keeping us updated!

This is honestly the most creative spiderman build I've seen so far. I absolutely love that this was done with mostly foam. I was thinking about making a spiderman armor set too, so if I do, it's probably going to end up looking similar to that action figure, and definitely be inspired based off of your design! :D Thanks so much for keeping us updated!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the kind words. As you can see it deviated quite a bit from my reference photos, but the end result (I think) is super cool. If you need any help or ideas with patterns, hit me up. I've saved just about every pattern I drew and cut. You'll have to size them to yourself, of course, but I can at least send you pics of the patterns to get you going in the right direction.

I'm currently working on new shoulder pieces and upper arm armor. I'll post more pics soon.

New shoulder armor is done. I may do a spider stencil onthe black shoulder pad, buy maybe not. For now they're done. Good movement. The shoulder is attached to upper arm with elastic so it has a little give, then velcro to the chest armor at the shoulder.
IMAG1824.jpgIMAG1831.jpgIMAG1834.jpgIMAG1832.jpgIMAG1828.jpg

Planning on wearing this again to Wondercon in March so I've been making the changes I was planning... I know it's been forever since I last posted.

I started re-doing the gauntlets:
7XYGdn.jpglHQ4zV.jpgs3tkU2.jpgvp5Ikm.jpg

They didn;t fit very well last time, had trouble getting them on and off and the wrists kept popping open... Also, they were the weakest part of the whole armor... These new ones are a better fit and a better design.. Going to paint them soon... Adding a bit of silver to tie them into the rest of the suit.

And I attached the spine piece... Soon I'm going to add lights into the "vertebrae" of the spine:
LbgnYX.jpg

I created a cowl to hide the back of my neck and I made a few changes for comfort too.

More pics to come soon...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back