Kylo Ren Saber hollow hilt for electronics

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I am desigining this for use with electronics... I am about 90% complete.

It will be 3d printed and then assembled with electronics. It has enough room for it but I had to make the top collar a little wider to be used with a 1 inch blade.

KRSaber01.jpg

KRSaber02.jpg

KRSaber03.jpg

KRSaber04.jpg

KRSaber05.jpg

KRSaber06.jpg

Sizewise
KRSaber07.jpg

Notes:
It's lacking the belt clip portion becaise I intend on making that a separate metal piece.
I will also create the 3 plugs that are removable when you want to add the blades.
The side spikes will be printed too, should lightup with the main led.
The red and blue cables will be real and not printed.

Thanks.

Thanks guys... Im currently uploading the models on shapeways and verifiying wall thickneses etc... once it clears it will be available to buy from them...

The models are downloadable already but they are not 100% done yet.

That is amazing work! And thank you again for making your models available for download. I've built several props with your files recently and it's just really fun working with them.

That is amazing work! And thank you again for making your models available for download. I've built several props with your files recently and it's just really fun working with them.

Thanks a lot :)

Glad they are working well for you.

Uploaded the plugs for the 3 ports and the side spikes when used with leds.

I like this better than the real prop...

The center emitter collar being a bit larger looks better, and the model is SOO pretty and sharp...

Yes please!

guabe;

Do you have plans to make it looks like the prop on display at SWCA? Mostly I mean the detailing inside the cross guards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot... I will be designing diferent versions. This one is for my seld and ill be adding electronics and parts from the custom saber shop. Another one that can take Makoto Tsai lightsaber electronics and the regular display one that will be a bit more accurate.

This is the first one with the 3 plugs in.
11149524_10153205042368672_5044243500800223039_n.jpg

11169827_10153205042378672_2054243320262088845_n.jpg

11169645_10153205042373672_3218124802946764736_o.jpg

I am still working out some details on how i will be laying out the electronics... more to come.
oh by the way the design is optimized for shapeways printing, but i will later make a friendlier version to print at home. you can print this one to obut wull have to add supports.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back