NEW DRAGONBALL SERIES! Dragonball Super

now Dragonball Super seems to be starting to speed up a bit.

Looks like the freeza saga begins next week.....and we start to see a peak into the alternate universe.

I'm REALLY hoping the alternate universe might include future trunks timeline . or they play around with making the minor characters more powerful...

The one thing I don't like so far is that they seemed to have replaced the announcer/king kai's voice for good.this is the third episode where it sounds like someone different. it sounds close, but it's nowhere nears deep enough to be an exact match.

It's a bit meh though that the saiyans are constantly rising and then there's this whole supporting cast basically doing nothing. I mean, during the Cell-Saga, at least some of them tried to keep up or had use. Like Tien. Now it's basically just Goku & Vegeta and sometimes the 'supporting' saiyans like Goten & Trunks. But who knows where this series is going... :)

one of the things I don't like is how they are playing with the power levels in this series.

if the soldiers are so weak, even krillin can easily tackle them, one thousand soldiers for gohan alone would be no problem, never mind piccolo, who is at the level of an ultimate super saiyan bynow.

next weeks episode should be interesting. someone remembered the ginyu frog still exists.

you know, it's funny.....

I thought battle of gods was an excellent reunion movie. especially with vegita's song and dance routine ;o).
yet, I thought the dragonball Super version of the story was terribly dull and boring.

However, with Revival of Freiza, I thought that movie was terribly boring. there was no build up or suspense or throw back to the freiza arc. Freiza just appeared, got beaten up, and killed off. boring.

yet,the dragonball Super arc rectified all that. bringing back captain ginyu......showing some character interaction and a bit of revenge......
It's so far far more fullfilling than the movie, even if you know the end result will be the same.

the only problem with the dragonball universe is that it's more of the same. One of the nice things about Cell and Buu, was their un predictability. If the characracters are just going to get stronger and stronger to the point of rediculousness, you need a villain that can throw them off their gain.

It'd be nice if the next villain that came around, they can't use their super human strength and had togo back to learning basics again.

I must say.....

The Re invisioning of Revival of F was MUCH more rewarding than it was in the movie.

From the return of captain Ginyu, to seeing the loved ones of earth blowing up, to seeing Gohan trying to get stronger again at the end....
I really hope this is a return to making gohan a serious character again.

I swear we even got an English reading on Freeza's last line of a 'noooo' although it was tough to hear.

Next week we finally get some newer stuff..

Really gotta start watching this. Been investing some time in other anime like one punch man (lol so simple and funny) and Bleach

Spoilers

i HOPE that we get an explanation of everything that's happened since the cell gamesin future trunks timeline. I also wonder if either whis will transport them to the future via their space cube, or if black will follow them to the present. iam also betting they will use the super dragonballs to fix trunks timeline for good.

My theory:

I'd say goku black is somehow freeza reincarnated, but when he and goku meet, it's like it is for the first time, so that kind of kills that theory.

thanks, I'm trying to watch it from the beginning. i volunteer as a big brother, they kids i mentor are watching it on some website, i only go to a few websites other than my forum boards so i dont want to go on their sites not knowing how safe they are, I'm super paranoid

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back