Terminator 2 Harley Fat Boy 1/6th scale

Kiwimike

I'm planning a 1/6th scale build of the Harley Fatboy featured in T2. One thing I notice about other models out there is no one has got the tread on the front tire right. Does anyone know what the make/model of the front tire is? None of the 1/6th scale kits (Tamiya) have the correct tread. I face-booked the Museum in Milwaukee where the actual bike is now housed to ask them about the tire but haven't had an answer back. Here's a shot of the bike showing the tread on the front tire.

Attachments

• T2_bike1.jpg
    T2_bike1.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,495
I'll try another tack. Any RPF members live in Milwaukee where the actual bike from the film is now housed at the Harley Davidson museum? I've face-booked the museum but they aren't replying.

I've made contact with the Hollywood museum in Tennessee which also has a version of the bike. I've decided I'm going to model the wheel in some CAD software and 3d print it.

Attachments

• hollywood-star-cars-movie-tv-cars-tennessee-harley-davidson-1991-terminator-1.jpg
    hollywood-star-cars-movie-tv-cars-tennessee-harley-davidson-1991-terminator-1.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 1,033
1. The RPF is not google.
2. The RPF is not Google.

It's funny how you had a question to ask and then answered it all by yourself.........:lol

Screenshot (12).png

Here's the front tire, modeled using Rhino CAD software.The long time between posts was spent learning how to use Rhino.

Well I think thats time well spent, hope it works out for you.
My dad builds 1/4 motorcycle models, exquisite in detail & one of a kind models.
To this end he even has to make the tyres. He machines the alloy molds & uses actual rubber to produce the final tyres.
The tread is engraved/machined into the molds as well.
In 1/6 be no different, more fiddly, but can be done.
Honestly though the labour costs would be too high to warrant a comission but thought you might like to know there's others out there that just have to have the right tyre.
Stu

Very cool 3rd model, kiwimike. Hi Stu, where can we see your Dad's bike models? Do you have a link somewhere? I love looking at scratch building pics and methods. Thanks.

I'd be interested in seeing your dad's work too Stu. As for The Terminator, you're welcome. It took me a while to find the right tire, believe me. I now just need to confirm if the rear tire is a Dunlop 401D or a 402D. Will let you know when I do.

attachment.php
Terminator,do you know what mufflers are on the bike? They have some stamped detail on them and in this photo I can read the word "super" stamped under the detail, but I haven't been able to track down the make/model

Attachments

• Harley Davidson from Terminator.JPG
    Harley Davidson from Terminator.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 3,617
Dude, got it. It's a SUPERTRAPP muffler!

lol indeed I have done my own research for a while and supertrapp is correct. I e-mailed a retailer selling HD exhausts and other parts and they just said "That is a set of stock headers from another model of bike, and then a set of aftermarket mufflers", so no help. I still haven't found the correct supertrapp part# and/or name. Only one that is very similar but doesn't match exactly. Link: http://www.wildbike.it/catalogo/en/...html?search_query=supertrapp+harley&results=9

But the hunt is on :)

Here's my first cut at the rear tire. Terminator, do you have a photo of the full size tire? I'm concerned I've modeled the edge of the tire tread as too pronounced and sharp. Plus, I'd like to know what's written on the tire, apart from Harley Davidson and Dunlop, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 345

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back