salzo's 37 1/2 galactica build instructions

where do the marked parts go?

parts.jpg

Received my parts today. They are beautifully cast with almost zero clean up. You can certainly tell the care that went into casting these parts. Well worth the cost and highly recommended for Mike's awesome Galactica kit!!

Wow!!
Thank you very much :D

Last edited:
where do the marked parts go?

View attachment 510812

here you go

I really recommend you go here for reference, as well as http://resinilluminati.com/ for their studio scale builds you can use as reference.

the bottles circled in yellow you will have to remove some resin to make it sit flat like the original model, other wise you wont use it.

lower engine plate parts placement.jpg

this is the pic of the ship as it is now, a couple parts missing but you can get the idea

kg-tos_battlestar-studio_model_reference-040.jpg

here is where the little dish like pieces go, I temp glued one in place to show you where it goes, one on either side. in the center of the dish there is a little stem sticking out, you can add this with a little piece of styrene rod if your counting rivets :)

IMG_2387.JPGIMG_2388.JPGIMG_2389.JPG

look at this original pic and you can see them sticking up. look at this build by "showcraft", its awesome http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=2529&page=8

kg-tos-battlestar.jpg

look at modelersmagic site for reference, these parts are glued to pieces of styrene then glued in place. same set is on the other side on the rear two arms.

kg-tos_battlestar-studio_model_reference-190.jpg

and then these little guys. there are a couple little parts in the way, im going to remove them and place these there :)

hawsegawa parts.jpg

I hope all this helps you :)

Last edited:
I know, and I apologize
this is my busy time of year for work, and man it's been busy...
as soon as I'm slowed down a bit and work is not draining me out of energy i'll get back to the ship and the videos.

thank you :)

Hello trooper,

your upgrade parts made it to Germany - a 1000 thanks for these great castings ! I`m very impressed from the bubblefree quality ! Are they pressure cast ?
Maybe you can do a little tudorial for us in the future :cool

Hello trooper,

your upgrade parts made it to Germany - a 1000 thanks for these great castings ! I`m very impressed from the bubblefree quality ! Are they pressure cast ?
Maybe you can do a little tudorial for us in the future :cool

thank you :)

sure, I can show you how to pressure cast.

Yep been kinda just sitting back working on some other stuff waiting on the next wave of mikes parts. One of my project kits was the bandie astronault figure highly recommend this figure it turned out cool. just hanging around Robiwan your BSG looks great everyone is doing great on this super kit cant wait to finish mine. Thanks .....Jim

Yep been kinda just sitting back working on some other stuff waiting on the next wave of mikes parts. One of my project kits was the bandie astronault figure highly recommend this figure it turned out cool. just hanging around Robiwan your BSG looks great everyone is doing great on this super kit cant wait to finish mine. Thanks .....Jim
pics :)

Hey guys, wanted to hijack a bit and let everyone know that i have sent out a few more rounds of my update parts over the last week. I think i am approaching having everyone taken care of.

That being said, if you do not get my update parts (not to be confused with the JY parts here) the free parts that i am sending out, in about a week, or 2 weeks if you are overseas, please PM me. Like i said i just sent out a few waves so please wait to see if they show up over the next couple of weeks before doing that.

I hope to have the kit available again in Dec. and i have some plans for some cool stuff. The re release will see a bit of a price hike, it's really unavoidable, It has been under priced since i started the kit.

Also there will be a multi level option, meaning a base price and a 2nd level price, more to come.
thanks
mike

Glad your back on this!!!!

I'm finishing mine up in the next day or two.

24l65n5.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back