salzo's 37 1/2 galactica build instructions

First a very belated and HUGE thanks to Trooper for taking these instructions on, in the weeks leading up to Wonderfest i have been even more pressed for time than ever. So thanks big time.

I have not even had a chance to sit down and watch the vids yet, maybe at my hotel room at Wonderfest i can watch them finally, no kids around, well only big kids i guess.

Update on the kit, it's discontinued for the foreseeable future, sorry, lots of reasons why but for now, all gone.

Thanks to everyone who has one, i appreciate everyone's business more than I get a chance to convey on the boards.

Good news on the update parts, I have bags and bags of them cast up, and will get to shipping them shortly after i recover from WFest.

thanks
mike
Best kit I veer bought, twice for that matter. Thank you Mike for all your hard work and letting us all in to that amazing world.

As for the kit, if it is just cost I believe you could easily sell it for 30% more then it's first run.

thank you guys :)
sorry for the lack of vids this last several days, I have not been feeling well the last week or so, doc put me on blood pressure meds, I feel horrible, I felt fine before, no problems, I took the meds for about a week, felt like poodoo and wanted to just sleep when I got home. I stopped taking them, and I feel fine again and have lots of energy lol

so any way. I was working on the top and bottom engine covers. I purchased two kits each of the dragon 1/144 Leopold kit and the morser karl kit, these are the kits mike used for the masters. the top cover I mostly added tubing cut in half to open things up a bit like the studio ship. plus added a couple bits.

IMG_2279.JPG

plus I finished removing the old tank tracks.
here it is primed

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

Last edited:
Yes Thanks Very Much Mike, For such a great kit I will own more of your incredible works. I'm very GLAD I have one Thanks Great work on your vids keep them coming my pics are on by mistake I jumped on Mikes thread that is where you will find them ......Thanks.......Jim

Keep it up your doing great, love you work. This model is intense even building it is very intense, which when done and done right makes a super display model. You are doing a great job on your vids. Thanks........Jim

I know your adding actual bulbs to these. I was just going to do fiber. What would a set cost? I might be able to swing a set.

the parts I have now I would ask around $10 + shipping. there may be a couple others I will add

my previous post was made a bit hasty, so to clear something up, I do have the Saturn v part that I made from scratch for sale, the rocket looking piece I made for my kit, cast from a part off the kit it is not for me to give out, though I have asked permission about this and another piece. i would offer those for free whether you buy my parts or not. they are a helpful addition to the kit

just got the light boxes mold made and these are the first pulls from it.the flashing was a bit thick due to the heat here, the resin was kicking off and getting thick while I was pouring. they came out looking great though.
so mike gave me the go ahead on the two parts made from his kit parts. the frame is actually used twice on the model, once on the engine cover and the second in front of the coffin, seen here--
http://www.studioscalemodelers.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=11699

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

I do have some other parts in mind so sit tight, unless you want these now, then just pm me

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back