Resin Greedo Killer kits??

hansolo2504

Hi all, first post in a while! Just wondering does anybody know of any decent resin Greedo killer kits? With the base gun too. I've heard that doopydoos do one and that it's rather pricy. All responsed greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance
George :)

I was never told prices. I was just going off what a friend had said about it, and he's the cheapest guy I know so to him I guess that is pretty expensive :lol

Does anyone know from experience what the quality is like? I ordered their TESB one a few years ago but it never arrived so have never actually seen one in person. I've never worked with resin before either so some bog standard tips would be greatly appreciated

The quality is quite good for a resin kit. I believe they acutally used a real Mauser to cast it off. Mind you like every resin kit, you do get some flaws and bubbles that need to be fixed. I have purchased their E-11, Greedo Killer and DL44 kits and am pretty satisfied with them. A word on the E-11 kit...the one I received had the buttstock holes filled in. You could barely notice them. You could drill them out if you're careful.

TazMan2000

That's great thanks :) I'm only really looking at their GK and ESB kits for now. More of a Han solo fan and don't think I could do the E-11 justice or do it right. So many variations and options it'd be too much for my little brain hahah

Agreed.

Take a shot a DD kit. It well get the fire going under you.

They are a good price for what they are, but like others have said, you'll have to clean them up.
like I said I had no idea of price so was just going by what a friend said when I asked him how much they were he literally said "expensive"
on finding their site I think I'll get one and see how I do. I'll probably make a build thread on here at one point. Lots of swearing involved probably lol. By clean up what exactly do you mean? I've never really done anything outside of plastic model kits and even then I just stick them together and paint them very minimal stuff. My main hobby is autograph collecting but I'd like to bolster my prop collection

I built a Doopydoos GK a while back (I've built all their Han Blasters and E11)

I really rate all the kits I've built, always been nice quality & if I've ever had an issue with anything they fixed it,

even made add me up some mix & match kits so I could build the ESB stunt, weird ROTJ bunker blaster, Merr Sonn

found I was better to ring than email with queries that said I've not bought anything for a while

I was pretty pleased how my GK turned out, when I finally finished my Metal version I found they compared pretty well

pretty sure their base Mauser was a Denix

think the GK was £45

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 89
That's great! Looks awesome! Thanks for the info! Could I ask where you got the parts for a metal one here in the UK? I've been looking for mausers for about 4 years with little to no success let alone all the other bits and pieces

Could I ask where you got the parts for a metal one here in the UK? I've been looking for mausers for about 4 years with little to no success let alone all the other bits and pieces

the Greedo Killer was the first Metal build I planned & the last one I finished (& by far the most expensive)

to be honest it went on the back burner for a long while because I just couldn't get the parts, in the end I had some luck, I got some Scope rings on eBay, the flash hider from a member here & another agreed to machine me the Scope Mount & FH adapter, I got the Grill from CE on eBay & finally got super lucky & found a Compac Scope on eBay, All from the U.S.

I ended up with 4 spare sets of 1" Weaver scope rings & 2 extra scopes :lol as I just kept buying them each time I saw one that looked close enough

When I started I didn't think I'd ever find a Denix but got lucky there too, found some on eBay, some from members here (in Europe) & a couple more online, I've only ever found 1 place to buy them here in the UK but they're expensive at around £100 each (about double what they are in U.S. & Europe)

I started off by building all of the Doopydoos kits (& a few custom/mixed ones) but since then. I've managed to build metal versions of the ANH Hero, Greedo Killer, ESB Hoth, ESB Bespin, ESB Luke, Han ROTJ & the Merr Sonn to replace the resin ones

still love Doopydoos though, actually this made me want to build another but I can't find them on eBay?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 98
No they're not on eBay anymore which is odd. They have a website though so I'm ordering from there. As for Denix mausers I found a few that were between £50-£100 but you had to fit in to certain criteria to be able to purchase them. Which seems like a lot of hassle considering I wouldn't be able to start making the replica until after I decided on what version I wanted to do and where to get the rest of the parts. Are they all doopydoos?! They all look like metal! You wouldn't even think they were resin. I'm very impressed although I very much doubt I'd get them to that standard lol

Only the 2 at the top left in the pic are Doopydoos Resin kits the rest are Metal now

I found it really hard to commit to a build until I knew that I could definitely source all the parts which is why the GK took me so long, my first build ended up being the ESB Bespin purely because I'd had the Denix for about 6 months when I managed to pick up an M19 scope on here & just started searching for the other parts

just for comparison here are 2 Merr Sonn's I built top one is metal, bottom is made from a Doopydoos Han ANH (with extra greeblies)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    715 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back