Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

Here's how mine is coming together, I'm using Alclad for the chrome, I think it's lo pretty good so far!

Here it is with a monks cloth "hood" for effect....

Very nice Darthikari!!!.... That Alclad really makes it sing!!!

Making a call out...

I've seen lots of people saying the scale on Edi's helmet is wrong but I would like some proof.

Does anyone have the right body size and the helmet to model?

When I saw Edi's photos of the helmet, the scale looked pretty good. I also see another type of helmet that looks TINY from another creator, but the size different is soo dramatic.

So, I'd love to see someone with this helmet on who is at least 6'4" like the actor. Most of the people who I see with the "bobble head" effect are about 5'10"-11" or so and there is a massive body structure difference from someone who is 5'11" and someone who is 6'4".

Edi scaled his based on the prop on display and he has a pretty good eye.

Someone give me some proof.

Good one! Just what I was wondering! I hear a lot of people saying that to.
I'm about 6'2, so I'm thinking it'll look just right with my height. Adam is 6'4.
Mine is on it's way, so I'm very curious :)

With proper padding it is fine. In fact, it is still the best one I have seen so far. Just my .02. Great job Ed!

i think another effect what folk arnt taking into account is how it will look with the rest of the costume on, fett is no different when your just wearing a t-shirt ..

Adam Driver is listed as 6'3" so he is probably in reality 6'1" Hollywood tends to BS people a few inches taller than they are. I think the biggest issue with the helmet is the width personally, I just don't see Adam Driver having a 26" circumference head sorry, the guy is thin and lanky he would look like a bobblehead. He'll he looks skinny in a 4 layer costume! David Prowse he's not. I do think Masteredi nailed the details and shape of the helmet and I look forward to whatever he does next.

https://instagram.com/p/5arMG7BRdX/
https://instagram.com/p/5YPvsEBRbM/

Edi is that your helmet in the comparison? From one of the comments, it was bought here and has a clay sculp texture.

Lol!!!... Yes that is my Helmet in the comparison... Obviously, by they're comments they're not too happy with it! ... Haters will Hate... But guess what, they still bought one of mine! Haha! I have not bought one of theirs... In reality I believe theirs is too small and mine (based off concept art) is too large.... Well, at least they have a decent face sculpt to copy now and at the very least, possibly improve on theirs, haha!... Round 2 will begin soon, I have a feeling I'll be upsetting more 'professional' helmet makers still... At the very least, I'll give them something new to mock... ;)

Pshhhhhhh screw the haters. You produced probably the best representation of that helmet; how anyone could be dissatisfied with it is beyond me. I'd pick one up but unfortunately I have a stormy to finish and a sandy shortly afterwards.... but you could give me one for free lol

geeeeez... they tore your helmet to pieces...

at least you send people their item after they pay for it...hint hint..

Ok I ordered one of these helmets for my son's costume, he is only 5'6", is he going to look like a bobble head in it?

Finally finished painting & weathering mine up the other day. I gave it a bit more of a used, beat-up & rusted look with the weathering, using a dry brush technique with black & brown acrylic paints. I'm fairly pleased with the results. Here's some pics. Enjoy!:cool

Hello Everyone!.... After coming back from C7 excited as can be! I decided to attack what I think is one of the most difficult Helmet sculpts in the entire SW universe... The Kylo Ren... Except I barely know how to use a computer, so no 3D modeling here... In a nod to Old School practical effects, here's my beginning ...
View attachment 469429
what type of clay did you use?

So much negativity is placed on the unknown. The movie is not even out yet and we are all guessing on who's helmet is right. How about great work because most people do not have the talent to make such a thing with limited pictures. My hat goes off to you ed and the rest of the talented people here at the rpf. keep up the good work everyone

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back