Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP)

I saved this from months ago... someone cleaned up and edited the concept art. uploadfromtaptalk1430943201143.png

Realy awsome work.

I made comparaison picture between the left and right side.
May be can help you.

Thanks so much for the comparison! ... These are definitely the details that make Kylos helmet so unique.... Each side is actually different so you have to make sure you capture these subtle differences... Sorry it's taking me so long to do it, haha!... Remember I'm a sssslllloooowww 3D printer, I'll get there soon. Today, I actually have the day off and my kids will be with grandma, so I'll be working away all day!!!! WooHoo!:lol

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL work so far!!! It looks better & better with each new update!!! Like others have said, I'd be interested in this if you decide to do a run of these at some point. Keep up the GREAT work!!!(y)cool

.... So still not finished, but I'm REALLY happy with how it's going now!.... Check out these comparisons... A few more adjustments and refinements and I'll be done!... I'll be able to start molding next week!

So here's how it's going....:)
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

.... Some more....

- - - Updated - - -

.... And a few more!... Hope you like where this is going!

... Thanks Chicagovader and ZukutoSkykiller!

i just wanted to answer a question I was PMed about the casting I will be doing. I will not be doing a cold cast. The cost is prohibitive. From what I saw of the C7 prop, there were areas of overpaint that I noticed. That's why I chose to do an Onyx cast. The black will serve as a nice base color as you do your paint up...
...here's a pic of overpaint that I was talking about ... Just under the silver cheeks.
image.jpg

This is a breathtaking sculpt. I'm going to be going to DragonCon this year (Sept 4-7) and was hoping to go as Kylo Ren. Do you think there is any chance that you will have a run of these done before then?

whats your thoughts on the screen used one ? the reflectivity on the screen helm shown in the trailed certainly looks along the lines of something more metallic or are we assuming the exhibit helm is the screen used

whats your thoughts on the screen used one ? the reflectivity on the screen helm shown in the trailed certainly looks along the lines of something more metallic or are we assuming the exhibit helm is the screen used
.... Well, I'm sure they have many versions of this helmet, that's for certain... I think the one on display was painted polyurethane. Even looking closely at the faceplate, the texture looks painted. ... Meaning you can see wells or balls of paint on it. Silver and chrome is a easy enough color to find. ... I also think it's paint because if you look in the recesses of the silver bands they are also silver... I just can't imagine they cast it silver and chrome then painted it black... But, It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong either! Haha!

You can also seebubbles from the cast on the edge of the face plate

So, if you look at this concept art image in black and white, you can see that the chrome cheek area details are actually in the concept drawing, where in the colored version it doesnt look like they are there. this makes me think that the helmet is probably very very close to what this concept looks like.

also it looks like there are two more groves in the side of the helmet... tell me what you think.
4.jpg

I used photoshop to show it on your sculpt... of course, the lines are angled a bit high (i was using the clone tool)
3.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back