Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

WHOA! just got mine. It is EXCELENT.

Kylo is gonna be a very intimidating character. The helmet is scary cool

I think I am gonna wait a little while... maybe some image or a toy or something will come out soon

Just got mine open tonight! Looks great! Any advice on how best to sand this? Thanks guys!

Just got mine open tonight! Looks great! Any advice on how best to sand this? Thanks guys!

With sandpaper :D

I would say you should start with like a 300 or so, them move into like a 500, and wetsand 1000/2000

Since the original was smoothed clay the surface should be pretty smooth already. You may not need to sand much. Start with a wetsand of 1000 or so just to score the top to paint.

Quick pics of the helmet on me.

KRhelmet0001.jpg
KRhelmet0003.jpg

KRhelmet0004.jpg
KRhelmet0005.jpg

Im 6'0" tall and about 220lbs.. need to drop like 30 or 40lbs LOL...

I just love it... ill work on it over the weekend.

Thanks! To both of you!... Dday is correct. Start with 300 grit , 500 or 600 next, and last 1000 or 1200. It will take a little elbow grease, but well worth it. If you really want to buff it, use a dremel with buffing wheels. But that may be overkill. Paint needs to applied. ... Can't wait to see all that everyone does.

Amazing Edi! It looks so good without even any paint on it haha. Congratz Guabe! I can't wait for mine via Saberbay!

Edi do you think it's worth it to reinforce with fiberglass or no? I'm sure it's plenty strong but just to be safe lol.

Such amazing work!!
for those looking to the detail of the material under the cheek plates there are some great photos on OriginalPropsBlog.com taken at Celebration. This is the best one I could find:
Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-076.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back