Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

I havent been on the RPF in many years. but working on a Kylo Ren and found this thread.
superb work !
It motvated me to register again !( couldnt get my old log in to work)

count me in for the next run ! awesome job.

Count me in if you do a run anytime soon!!!
.... So my good friend, Saberbay, will continue to produce my Kylo Helmet for mid -July timeframe for those interested in the second run. Here's a link in the project runs...
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240149

for those in the first run, the first two Helms are heading out!.. More next week

An amazing sculpt and I'm just now getting the buzz for the new movie so I eagerly await a run I can get on! Great Artistry!

Not really sure yet... Have to finish my run first... Any ideas from anyone?... I have always wanted a Han Solo in carbonite for myself, but not life size. More of a manageable wall hanging size... Maybe 24" x 8" approx.? ... don't know we'll see.
Hangable Han would be GREAT!

Considering how great this and your Yoda is I think you would do an amazing job making a stern, brooding Anakin head for a reveal Darth Vader! Not the sad look like at the end of Jedi but what he probably looked like under the helmet in ANH or ESB.

Not really sure yet... Have to finish my run first... Any ideas from anyone?... I have always wanted a Han Solo in carbonite for myself, but not life size. More of a manageable wall hanging size... Maybe 24" x 8" approx.? ... don't know we'll see.

A bust of Darth Malgus would be awesome. Or maybe even the parts for his headset.

So glad I found this run, can't w to see it in person! Any suggestions on the soft parts?

Does anyone know of a good metal based paint that might mimic the actual helmet? Going for that awesome reflective property it has. Ren's mask.jpg

Here's a good one. I'm sure there will be some cool lighting effects that will play off Ren's & Phasma's masks in the movie. Can't wait to see them in
action!
Kylo Ren Screen Used Costume - Star Wars Celebration Anthium 2015 - 16.04 (9.1).jpg

Last edited:

That will look great, good call! Do you think that the top & back of the helmet are also reflective? It doesn't appear like the "dome" area is. Maybe a black Alcad?
Going to try Alcad with mine.

Last edited:

It's is a really interesting design. No prominent exaggerated features like Vader but more realistic & medieval themed. I'm surprised Abrams went with it as it is a very complicated design & hard to accurately depict & reproduce. This suggests that the character will be better known for his persona than an iconic visage. It still maintains villainous themes, namely the triangle & rorschach 'reflection,' however I think this complex is indicative of a more gritty, dark & realistic character. Can't wait to see him come to life.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back