Subscribe
    From
    Minneapolis
    Jul 16, 2015, 11:11 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #351

Your sculpt looks great keep up the work!
  2. Darth Vader SL80082 RPF Premium Member dday's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jul 16, 2015, 2:10 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #352

MasterEdi said: View Post
    Thanks Astralrayn!.... Sizing on a helmet will always be difficult, because there is no way your going to make everyone happy. We come in many shapes and sizes..... Granted the back and a smidgen on the top of the helmet is perhaps larger than it should be, and if your a smaller guy this sculpt may not suit you.... I actually have mine on display and it looks great!
    But... Hopefully... Soon... We get some more leaks in the future ???.... Maybe, I'll have to go back to the sculpting stand

Man, I can't wait for more details to be released so we can see the next version!
    Jul 16, 2015, 4:39 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #353

I completely understand where you are coming from. I saw one of these next to a Vader face plate and it was a comparable size. I am by no means 6'4", or broad shouldered. When I wore my Vader, as someone mentioned, I had my shoulder armor to help balance out the big dome. I think there are subtle things that can be done with Ren to help with that illusion as well. I just can't wait to get my copy and put it on for the first time. And MasterEdI I hope you didn't take my last post as a slight at all. I have searched high and low for anyone who has even come CLOSE to the quality, accuracy and skill involved in your sculpt, and I am brought back here every time. You NAILED this, and I am elated that I am lucky enough to receive one.
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jul 19, 2015, 10:46 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #354

Hey MasterEdi, thought I'd share that your helmet made Sneaky Zebra's 2015 SDCC cosplay music video:

https://youtu.be/K6CYQc4sYpg

My Kylo Ren cosplay is at 0:44 and you can also see my wife's Rey cosplay at 4:03
  5. RPF Premium Member MasterEdi's Avatar
    Jul 19, 2015, 11:28 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #355

oreolover said: View Post
    Hey MasterEdi, thought I'd share that your helmet made Sneaky Zebra's 2015 SDCC cosplay music video:
    My Kylo Ren cosplay is at 0:44 and you can also see my wife's Rey cosplay at 4:03
    Niiiiiicccccce!.... So cool!!!! Your costume looked great!!! (I kept rewinding it to see it!) Thank you for sharing! ... Btw, tell your wife she looked great as Rey as well! You got your self a hottie there! And a SW fan to boot! Take good care of her! (Haha, I'm sure you do!)
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jul 20, 2015, 12:07 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #356

oreolover, the helmet looks great on you! Nice rig lol!
    Jul 21, 2015, 12:32 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP) #357

MasterEdi said: View Post
    ... Wish I had a good shot of the overall helmet design..... Anyone got any secret shots none of us know about?

8. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jul 21, 2015, 9:09 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #358

Keep the pics coming! I can't wait to get my bucket from Saberbay. MasterEdi's rendition is one of the most accurate out there. What are you guys/gals using to shade the visor area and vent holes and still have max visibility?
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jul 21, 2015, 9:33 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP) #359

I did this on my Galaxy Note. What do you think?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-18 20.29.02.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	883.6 KB 
ID:	504494

- - - Updated - - -

I also did a couple of Snoke. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-17 11.25.05.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	504495

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-18 00.00.44.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	665.2 KB 
ID:	504496
    Jul 21, 2015, 11:05 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #360

Here's how mine is coming together, I'm using Alclad for the chrome, I think it's lo pretty good so far!

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is with a monks cloth "hood" for effect....

11. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Jul 22, 2015, 12:51 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #361

Looks Great!

Darthikari said: View Post
    Here's how mine is coming together, I'm using Alclad for the chrome, I think it's lo pretty good so far!

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...psdtcu4lff.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...pswuqg2iwv.jpg
  12. RPF Premium Member MasterEdi's Avatar
    Jul 22, 2015, 2:53 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #362

Darthikari said: View Post

Very nice Darthikari!!!.... That Alclad really makes it sing!!!
  13. Darth Vader SL80082 RPF Premium Member dday's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2015, 2:23 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #363

Making a call out...

I've seen lots of people saying the scale on Edi's helmet is wrong but I would like some proof.

Does anyone have the right body size and the helmet to model?

When I saw Edi's photos of the helmet, the scale looked pretty good. I also see another type of helmet that looks TINY from another creator, but the size different is soo dramatic.

So, I'd love to see someone with this helmet on who is at least 6'4" like the actor. Most of the people who I see with the "bobble head" effect are about 5'10"-11" or so and there is a massive body structure difference from someone who is 5'11" and someone who is 6'4".

Edi scaled his based on the prop on display and he has a pretty good eye.

Someone give me some proof.
  14. Member Since
    May 2015
    Jul 27, 2015, 6:20 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #364

Good one! Just what I was wondering! I hear a lot of people saying that to.
    I'm about 6'2, so I'm thinking it'll look just right with my height. Adam is 6'4.
    Mine is on it's way, so I'm very curious
    Jul 27, 2015, 7:41 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #365

With proper padding it is fine. In fact, it is still the best one I have seen so far. Just my .02. Great job Ed!
    From
    Newcastle, UK
    Jul 27, 2015, 8:06 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #366

i think another effect what folk arnt taking into account is how it will look with the rest of the costume on, fett is no different when your just wearing a t-shirt ..
    From
    Chicago
    Jul 27, 2015, 9:36 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #367

Adam Driver is listed as 6'3" so he is probably in reality 6'1" Hollywood tends to BS people a few inches taller than they are. I think the biggest issue with the helmet is the width personally, I just don't see Adam Driver having a 26" circumference head sorry, the guy is thin and lanky he would look like a bobblehead. He'll he looks skinny in a 4 layer costume! David Prowse he's not. I do think Masteredi nailed the details and shape of the helmet and I look forward to whatever he does next.
  18. Member Since
    Jun 2015
    Jul 29, 2015, 8:58 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #368

https://instagram.com/p/5arMG7BRdX/
    https://instagram.com/p/5YPvsEBRbM/

Edi is that your helmet in the comparison? From one of the comments, it was bought here and has a clay sculp texture.
  19. RPF Premium Member MasterEdi's Avatar
    Jul 29, 2015, 9:21 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #369

BOLISARIO said: View Post
    https://instagram.com/p/5arMG7BRdX/
    https://instagram.com/p/5YPvsEBRbM/

Edi is that your helmet in the comparison? From one of the comments, it was bought here and has a clay sculp texture.
    Lol!!!... Yes that is my Helmet in the comparison... Obviously, by they're comments they're not too happy with it! ... Haters will Hate... But guess what, they still bought one of mine! Haha! I have not bought one of theirs... In reality I believe theirs is too small and mine (based off concept art) is too large.... Well, at least they have a decent face sculpt to copy now and at the very least, possibly improve on theirs, haha!... Round 2 will begin soon, I have a feeling I'll be upsetting more 'professional' helmet makers still... At the very least, I'll give them something new to mock...
  20. Member Since
    Feb 2015
    Jul 29, 2015, 4:20 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #370

Pshhhhhhh screw the haters. You produced probably the best representation of that helmet; how anyone could be dissatisfied with it is beyond me. I'd pick one up but unfortunately I have a stormy to finish and a sandy shortly afterwards.... but you could give me one for free lol
    Jul 29, 2015, 5:31 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #371

geeeeez... they tore your helmet to pieces...

at least you send people their item after they pay for it...hint hint..
    From
    Near Philly, building monsters!!
    Jul 29, 2015, 8:05 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #372

Ok I ordered one of these helmets for my son's costume, he is only 5'6", is he going to look like a bobble head in it?
  23. Darth Vader SL80082 RPF Premium Member dday's Avatar
    From
    Germany
    Jul 30, 2015, 7:38 AM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #373

Cleverlilminx said: View Post
    Ok I ordered one of these helmets for my son's costume, he is only 5'6", is he going to look like a bobble head in it?
    At 5'6" I would say yes. The helmet is made for a tall guy to be in scale.
    From
    Williamson, NY
    Jul 30, 2015, 9:19 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #374

Finally finished painting & weathering mine up the other day. I gave it a bit more of a used, beat-up & rusted look with the weathering, using a dry brush technique with black & brown acrylic paints. I'm fairly pleased with the results. Here's some pics. Enjoy!

Jul 30, 2015, 9:22 PM - Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete) #375

That looks INSANE