Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Version 2 beginning pg17)

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School WIP)

Sorry guys... I couldn't resist.... I had to throw some silver on there, just to see its potential. Lol!, hope you don't mind!
image.jpg

.... So now let me answer some things. I will do my run, afterward a good friend of mine will take over, he's getting the mold, and he is a established member of RPF... He will list a run later. I'll be contacting those in my run now... And yes! It fits my big 23" head! With room to spare! Haha!... That's for those concerned. .... Thanks for your support and encouragement everyone!!!! .... Your all the best!

Sorry guys... I couldn't resist.... I had to throw some silver on there, just to see its potential. Lol!, hope you don't mind!
View attachment 481979

.... So now let me answer some things. I will do my run, afterward a good friend of mine will take over, he's getting the mold, and he is a established member of RPF... He will list a run later. I'll be contacting those in my run now... And yes! It fits my big 23" head! With room to spare! Haha!... That's for those concerned. .... Thanks for your support and encouragement everyone!!!! .... Your all the best!

Is the black onyx so polished out of the mold or is this the case of you polishing it up a bit?

I'm excited to see how it looks once you're done painting it up!

It looks like real piece from movie to me.

Fantastic job, amazing paint job.

.... All I did was wipe down my sanding with some Desolveit and add a little silver paint! Lol! ... I'll probably just continue with this helm for my paint up. I'll post more pics and paints I use as I go along. (In between of producing Helms) Also, I would not suggest using the Onyx base as the color of your helm. It looks good wet, but not perfect. It's a good base color, but I recommend actual paint.

Is the black onyx so polished out of the mold or is this the case of you polishing it up a bit?

I'm excited to see how it looks once you're done painting it up!

The Onyx comes out nice from the mold not shiny though.. But I have to sand my seam down. Afterward, I went ahead and started sanding the surface a bit just to see what it's like. The surface sands easy enough but it leaves your piece chalky grey. I know you can buff the surface out or add wax to shine it up... But does anyone have any other recommendations?

People have mentioned rub n buff ebony metallic wax, which is probably what you are talking about, so beyond this, no idea except painting it a deep metallic black.

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

i was thinking light sand the whole thing then matte black and silver rub n buff on the front

View attachment 481979

I'm getting emotional just looking at it :p

Most excellent work mt friend!

Re: Kylo Ren Helmet Sculpt - (Old School Complete)

Master Edi put the helmet on!!! show yourself!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back