Captain America Shield - magnetic back handles (first try)

Shaetun

So I have been working on my first Cap Shield, decided to go with the new magnetic back with metal handles (AoU). This is what I have so far, anybody got any advice on what I could do to improve it? Also made my buckle and back harness, still need to detail it though - its finally coming together..... Any detail advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_4326.JPG
    IMG_4326.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_4331.JPG
    IMG_4331.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4332.JPG
    IMG_4332.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 221
Thanks!

I got everything mounted yesterday but ended up scratching the front paint pretty bad - so its back to painting for me (The worst part). Still hoping to have it ready for the premier on thursday and to put some final pics up on here....

No idea how much the movie one curves to follow the back of the shield, but depending on how thick yours is, and how thick that bracket is, you could use matching material rivets and blind holes to set it in the back.

maybe somewhat strong neodynium magnets on inside of the shield same with the glove if you plan on doing some tricks at cons like doing a shield pop off the floor and just let it automatically cling to your forearm

Thanks!

I got everything mounted yesterday but ended up scratching the front paint pretty bad - so its back to painting for me (The worst part). Still hoping to have it ready for the premier on thursday and to put some final pics up on here....

The theater I went to made me leave my shield at the front desk before they'd let me in to see the movie, how lame is that Captain America can't take his shield to the movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back