Tomorrowland

Been so busy with other Projects like Family........ Just kidding I finished a new R2 unit, so on to My jet pack again so I'll start posting more progress soon!!!!
AL.
90%-2.JPG90%-3.JPGl & R 1.JPGIMG_3027.JPG

90%-2.JPG

90%-3.JPG

top painted  2.JPG

l & R 1.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That really looks great!! Nice to see someone will be wearing one at SDCC. Mine will be sitting on the work bench until I have time to finish! But yours looks really looks great.

Looks good Nickytea.

I have made some progress on the solenoids.

IMG_3354.JPGIMG_3355.JPG

My handles are pretty much complete. I worked out a system that lets them rotate up, swivel, and bend at the elbow.

IMG_2946.jpgIMG_3349.JPGIMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

I even worked out a solution to my smaller extinguisher. Rather than squish them like others have, I split them open and jb welded a patch that will be filled in. The shape and design of the tanks is spot on.

IMG_3346.JPG

Also worked the caplug onto a sanded down electrolux button.

IMG_3347.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome Nicky. I figured that was you when I saw some of those pics on another comicon forum.
What did you end up using to mount the olds horn button to?

Either people didn't like this movie or This is way to hard of a prop to make, well we all know it is hard, but come on there are no fans, we went a second time to see it in the theaters, it is awesome, any way I love this prop it is on our Dinning room table, KILLER!!!!! I have 4 sets of Exhaust nozzles ready to go I'll do $40 for a set shipped in the us if anybody wants them.
AL

- - - Updated - - -

And I'll add 7,097 people have read this thread so we must be doing something right!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made mine but cutting out 3 shapes in 1/4" plexi. The top two were glued together and the bottom one was then glued on and used as a guide as had the same basic shape except for the parts between the bolts on the top and bottom

Back from vacation so I can hopefully continue working on my jetpack.
On a side note, has anyone done anymore research on the pin case?

Alright everyone, I was able to identify the found item that the top right canister was based on. I say "based on," because the item itself weighs a TON, and there's now way they used a real one on the packs. For mine, I'm eventually going to do a resin cast of the one I purchased:

!B6(H4CgCWk~$(KGrHqYOKjIEyPC3INo+BM)HfbDv-w~~_12.JPG

It's a Teledyne Taber Pressure Transducer/Transmitter, and I strongly believe it to be based on the type 176 model.

Also, I added a few missing labels to my pack before our outing at this year's D23 Expo -- here's a gallery from that event!

Alright everyone, I was able to identify the found item that the top right canister was based on. I say "based on," because the item itself weighs a TON, and there's now way they used a real one on the packs. For mine, I'm eventually going to do a resin cast of the one I purchased:

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!B6(H4CgCWk~$(KGrHqYOKjIEyPC3INo+BM)HfbDv-w~~_12.JPG

It's a Teledyne Taber Pressure Transducer/Transmitter, and I strongly believe it to be based on the type 176 model.

Also, I added a few missing labels to my pack before our outing at this year's D23 Expo -- here's a gallery from that event!

Nice find Nicky. Now who's going to cast it!
My top pieces are the downfall of my project. I just went with some pvc and made a inspired version of them but I'm not real happy about how they turned out.

Just started working om my pack again.
The carb base was too small although it may have been correct for the scaled down movie version.
I did find what I think is the backboard part. A seat cushion from a Jeep CJ. Would make sense for the time period as well with a ton of them around.

Untitled-1.jpg

I went ahead and picked up the canvas seat cover from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291549101277?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
It's approx 15"x18" so it should be perfect to slide over my backpack rig.
I'm mounting both tanks together with some aluminum flat stock. One across the top and one across the bottom and will then bolt the flat stock to the sheet of wood I'm using for the backpack.
The harness can also then be bolted to the wood and some foam cut to size to go on the side that sits on your back. This cover should then be able to slip over that setup with a slit cut here or there.
I'll post pics when I get everything together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back