JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Hey folks....Dennis from Dragon Leatherworks here! We had a visit today from a VERY cool fellow delivering a VERY cool knife to the store to add to the Jurassic World display.

We had a visit by none other than the knife maker himself, Steve Auvenshine!

In the picture, he's holding the JW Hero Knife, and I'm holding the handcrafted sheath. And yes, Steve is still making the knives, so if you want the real McCoy, give him a ring or drop him an email! SA_and_DLW_small.jpg

Cool Pic Dennis, congratulations to both you and Steve for being involved in such an awesome project. We all appreciate your support.

Sent Steve A - an email & Voicemail & haven't heard anything back - Anybody else having this much trouble getting the knife?

Steve can take a while, give it time...

I finally got my hands on a Danny Lopuz vest, and have completed everything but the knife... So stoked on this costume!!! Big thanks to everyone who helped make this thread a reality!

13254584_10153436189156207_4440297452966285654_n.jpg

I attended the "Tidewater Comicon" in Virginia Beach Va and spent some time in my Owen Grady costume. here's a pic for you all to enjoy/critique... I'm still working on getting a better vest, but for now i am making due with my 2 year old vest from Duluth Trading Company.
13267914_10156904678580534_2216740792517418281_n.jpg

Still waiting for my turn to get the Steve Auvenshine knife - Talked to him on the phone a few weeks ago - Nice guy - But put in my request all the way back in November & still doesn't sound like I'm any closer - Trying to wait semi-patiently!

Wow, that is a work of art! Congratulations. Hopefully I'll be able to get mine someday too. Definitely worth the wait by the looks of it!

Nice! I talked with the knife makers that provided the knives in Jurassic World, and at the time the movie hadn't come out so they were unsure who got which knife. Which is the model that ended up being used by Pratt?

I don't believe there is really a "model" of knife. If you contact Steve Auvenshine about the Jurassic World knife, he'll know what you're talking about. Not sure if he's still accepting orders, and I know he can take a while to respond, but best of luck!

I decided i couldnt afford to buy the knife from steve but wanted it and it actually go me into knifemaking. Somehow i decided it was cheaper to buy several hundreds of dollars of tools instead of the knife (it wasnt). But hey i got a hobby and a small business out of
It. I made my first version without the tools but got hooked on knifemaking and bought some. I just remade it better and a bit more acurrate and filmed the process.
Here is the link
https://youtu.be/AKn5UJ7scpk
Im really happy with how it came out but now that i see a good picture of the real deal there is a few inaccuracies.

For those that bought the orvis shirt. I am trying to see what size to order I am 5ft 8" with a medium build my chest is 40.5" anyone with a similar build and size have any advice? Can you by by the size chart on this specific piece or is it made large etc is what I am getting at before I order. Thanks!

Also, I see you guys determined the shirt is "grey" however the only thing I see on their site that looks grey is called "navy"??

I'm preparing to order an Orvis shirt myself. After chatting with them, the "navy" is in fact more of a "grey." So that's probably what you'll want to order. I'm still debating between it and the sky blue. As far as the sizing goes, I'm similar to your with a slightly smaller chest. Since the Long Sleeved Open Air Caster is one of their Active Fit Shirts, they run a little bigger/smaller in specific areas. Here are the more detailed sizes for both a small and a medium:

SMALL: Chest 41.5 Bottom Circumference (Hem) 40.5 Neck 16.5 Sleeves 33.5
MEDIUM: Chest 45.5 Bottom Circumference (Hem) 44.5 Neck 17.5 Sleeves 36

Based on those measurements, you and I should both probably order a size small from Orvis. Hope that helps!

The fit on these shirts is very loose and one lower size than you usually use may make a tight fit.
The correct color Gunsmoke is out of production, but in some pictures the correct "Gunsmoke" one looks exactly like the "Sky".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back