JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

Without wanting to hijack the thread, thanks for the pictures of Claire's outfit. I'm struggling to ID everything but the shoes so extra photos are always welcome :)

Those pictures are great!
Any more letownse?

PS: wich is the name of the Facebook group?
No. I got as much as I thought was possible. Only other pictures I have are of the gyrosphere that was also on display.

And it's the replica prop forum facebook group.

As far as alternatives to the JAL vest - I noticed that Wested already has a similar style and I bet they could easily use that as a base and add the correct details. Might be worth looking into, as I suspect it would be right under/around $100.

For everyone asking, Salt Valley is a brand sold exclusively at Urban Outfitters. Considering they shot the film in April of last year, this shirt would be long gone from stores, which is why it wouldn't show up in their system. Best bet is to keep checking Ebay, Etsy, online resale shops like Poshmark or trendy resale shops in your area (Buffalo Exchange, Plato's Closet, etc.)

Last edited:
Now I can focus on tracking down Pratts blue shirt now that the premiere madness is over. Has anyone tried one of these vests? http://www.newamericanjackets.com/product/movie-jurassic-world-2015-owen-chris-pratt-vest.html

Guess you missed my original thread thread that started this all. Pratt's shirt for the film was custom made with details inspired by a lot of different types of outdoorsman shirts from stores like REI, Academy, etc. This shirt at Academy made by Magellan Outdoors is the closest thing to SA but you'll have to dye the 'Provence' Light Blue color to get it closer to the color seen on screen.

Thanks for the tip on the Salt Valley shirt. I knew Colin utilized Jake really nicely in Safety Not Guaranteed and I had a feeling he might have some good lines in Jurassic World. I absolutely loved his character. I'm putting this costume together ASAP! Though I will say the official "ringer" JP shirt on the site you posted has the wonky JP logo with odd lettering. I'll keep looking for a closer match to Johnson's in the meantime.

Lowery's shirt isn't a ringer. It's a baseball-style raglan. You get glimpses at it in different moments in the film which shows that the black color blocking continues from the neck like a raglan style as well as the sleeves from the JP shirt underneath his pearlsnap peaks out from his rolled up sleeves. Plus most ringers have a banded collar...Lowery's shirt has a normal crew collar.

This is also why they offer the weathered logo baseball t on the official online shop...it is meant to be his shirt, though I agree it's not screen accurate. The logo on his shirt is the classic JP logo colors with red, black and a black/yellow outline around the circle. The one on the JW shop just has a black/white outline Shouldn't be too hard to custom make a SA one with a made-to-order screen printing website. Though I did order the basball t from the store and received it the other day and it looks great. Not wonky at all (I think it looks wonky on the site because that's a rendering and not a picture of the actual shirt...the weathering/vintaging looks much more natural on the real product). So for anyone not wanting to do the work to get it SA, it's a good sub.

Last edited:
Guess you missed my original thread thread that started this all. Pratt's shirt for the film was custom made with details inspired by a lot of different types of outdoorsman shirts from stores like REI, Academy, etc. This shirt at Academy made by Magellan Outdoors is the closest thing to SA but you'll have to dye the 'Provence' Light Blue color to get it closer to the color seen on screen.

Lowery's shirt isn't a ringer. It's a baseball-style raglan. You get glimpses at it in different moments in the film which shows that the black color blocking continues from the neck like a raglan style as well as the sleeves from the JP shirt underneath his pearlsnap peaks out from his rolled up sleeves. Plus most ringers have a banded collar...Lowery's shirt has a normal crew collar.

This is also why they offer the weathered logo baseball t on the official online shop...it is meant to be his shirt, though I agree it's not screen accurate. The logo on his shirt is the classic JP logo colors with red, black and a black/yellow outline around the circle. The one on the JW shop just has a black/white outline Shouldn't be too hard to custom make a SA one with a made-to-order screen printing website. Though I did order the basball t from the store and received it the other day and it looks great. Not wonky at all (I think it looks wonky on the site because that's a rendering and not a picture of the actual shirt...the weathering/vintaging looks much more natural on the real product). So for anyone not wanting to do the work to get it SA, it's a good sub.

Yeah I skimmed that first post and didn't noticed you talked to the production crew. Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding the Lowery shirt - here's some short b-roll of him on set: https://youtu.be/Z6hHqECe9x4?t=2m55s

Those baseball sleeves go up to the collar and might been seen on the shoulders here maybe. I don't know. I've seen Jurassic World 4 times and didn't notice any black on his shoulders, but then again I wasn't looking out for that specifically.

As for the JP logo that's its own discussion. I don't know where the "wonky" one originated but it definitely doesn't match the original '93 logo. Similar lettering was used on the Jurassic World maps and all merch, probably because those designs were needed early into production before they made the correction. The advance Jurassic World poster and everything later in production uses a corrected logo that matches the original '93 stuff.

Take a look at the logos on these two shirts. The left is a ringer I found online and the right is one being sold in the official Jurassic World store. Below them is the two logos layered ontop of each other with the top layer set at 50% opacity. The T-Rex, size and shape of everything matches perfectly between the two but the lettering between them is totally different. Not one letter on the right tee matches the old '93 logo of the left tee. When I said "wonky" this is what I was referring to.

x8a9kaU.jpg

Yeah I skimmed that first post and didn't noticed you talked to the production crew. Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding the Lowery shirt - here's some short b-roll of him on set: https://youtu.be/Z6hHqECe9x4?t=2m55s

Those baseball sleeves go up to the collar and might been seen on the shoulders here maybe. I don't know. I've seen Jurassic World 4 times and didn't notice any black on his shoulders, but then again I wasn't looking out for that specifically.

As for the JP logo that's its own discussion. I don't know where the "wonky" one originated but it definitely doesn't match the original '93 logo. Similar lettering was used on the Jurassic World maps and all merch, probably because those designs were needed early into production before they made the correction. The advance Jurassic World poster and everything later in production uses a corrected logo that matches the original '93 stuff.

Take a look at the logos on these two shirts. The left is a ringer I found online and the right is one being sold in the official Jurassic World store. Below them is the two logos layered ontop of each other with the top layer set at 50% opacity. The T-Rex, size and shape of everything matches perfectly between the two but the lettering between them is totally different. Not one letter on the right tee matches the old '93 logo of the left tee. When I said "wonky" this is what I was referring to.

http://i.imgur.com/x8a9kaU.jpg
Scoodidabpp, do you have a link for the shirt on the left?

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

I see a lot of good information for Lowery here, maybe a mod can split this thread so he can get his own?

His glasses are a "Clubmaster" style, not sure on the exact brand he wears. There are a ton of cheapies on ebay, but I haven't found one that matches perfectly. http://www.ebay.com/itm/391079031443 this set looks pretty close, but the silver ovals on the frames would need to be blacked out.

Here's a few photos of my finished costume at last night's opening night of JURASSIC WORLD. On a Triumph Scrambler (the bike he rides in the movie) and in a replica JP Jeep to boot, which definitely helped put on the finishing touches. Really happy with how it all came together. Felt like a looked the part after painstakingly working on this trying to get as SA as possible! Seem to pay off as well as everyone at the theater loved it and was surprised how spot on it looked.

View attachment 488737

View attachment 488738

View attachment 488739

View attachment 488735

View attachment 488736

I'll update with some photos of my custom made Leatherman pouch. I had a friend who is a leatherworker make me one based off the photos from Dragon Leatherworks and it came out really good! Was also really happy with the sub knife I found. Very similar handle shape and blade shape based on the photos posted and the wooden handle has a similar look as well as the three metal pins. Even came with a really nice leather sheath that could easily have that leather loop added so you can wear it horizontal with your belt. Will also add in some of the photos of the Red Ryder Mod I did. That gun is super to disassemble and spray paint silver. Then sand down the wooden stock and stain it to a darker greyish blackish brown. This is the scope you want. It's very close to SA. Trying to find a con alternative. Unfortunately the closest thing that is con permissible is a toy Winchester, which doesn't have the same stock shape...but it'll do the job.

Wow, very nicely done!

For those going after the exact same detail, I found the buckle on a Ralph Lauren Polo belt. Not cheap.
81-ikWWlzXL._UL1500_.jpg
I think DL Rebecca posted that the buckle was replaced on their belt

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back