JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

With the knife being custom made, there would be slight variations I'm assuming... Would that affect the effectiveness of the sheath made off the template?

Maybe there would be slight variations if it were anyone else making the knives. Steve is a blacksmith with over 35 years of experience, 30 of it as an armorer for many Hollywood productions.

Add to that, its the exact same method we used for the movie...Steve made the prototype which he shipped to me. I made the patterns for the sheath based on the prototype then shipped the prototype and first sheath to the Studio for approval.

When they gave the green light to make the rest, Steve worked off HIS patterns, and I worked off MY patterns. The studio was ecstatic with the production pieces.

I wouldn't sweat it.

The correct ones are still available on several websites.
What sites are you referencing? Have you verified the details with those vendors? Often times, online retailers will have photos of an item that may be from a previous season because it saves them time and money to re-shoot photos to represent changes such as those we are discussing. The parent company (JBrand) as well as larger retailers (Nordstrom) will replace each seasons pictures to represent the current seasons update.

I have been creeping on this thread for weeks and have found so many things, that the rest of the Internet just couldn't tell me, thanks to this group. I am messaging to find out if anyone has any of the homespun knitwear coalminer henleys in medium and large that they are willing to sell to me since j crew doesn't have anymore. I would buy the magnolia ones but I won't buy those till after I have an actual original. Just curious if anyone is willing to part with them for a good amount of money? I am also messaging to find out if the chocolate eastland boots are called any other color? Like some sites don't have chocolate but are called brown. I just wanted to make sure if anyone knew. Just so I don't drop a bunch of money and have to go through the hassle of sending it back.

Last edited:
I have been creeping on this thread for weeks and have found so many things, that the rest of the Internet just couldn't tell me, thanks to this group. I am messaging to find out if anyone has any of the homespun knitwear coalminer henleys in medium and large that they are willing to sell to me since j crew doesn't have anymore. I would buy the magnolia ones but I won't buy those till after I have an actual original. Just curious if anyone is willing to part with them for a good amount of money? I am also messaging to find out if the chocolate eastland boots are called any other color? Like some sites don't have chocolate but are called brown. I just wanted to make sure if anyone knew. Just so I don't drop a bunch of money and have to go through the hassle of sending it back.
In regards to the boots, there is chocolate and there is brown! I believe chocolate is the swayed and brown is just the straight leather

I recived my #11 pouch today! Another step on a looong road.
I have to say it´s really, really nice. Should I distress it as in the movie? That will kill the excellent finish. I don´t know.
This is a great way to spend your money. Best thing next to own an screen used one. I´m really, really happy.
Dennis helped me a lot so I could own his work, so thanks to him! he is a very nice guy.
If you bought the Eastlands, the JBrands, the Orvis belt and shirt, why buy an alternative pouch? buy this!
IMG-20150826-00983.jpg IMG-20150826-00984.jpg IMG-20150826-00986.jpg
IMG-20150826-00985.jpg IMG-20150826-00988.jpg

I recived my #11 pouch today! Another step on a looong road.
I have to say it´s really, really nice. Should I distress it as in the movie? That will kill the excellent finish. I don´t know.
This is a great way to spend your money. Best thing next to own an screen used one. I´m really, really happy.
Dennis helped me a lot so I could own his work, so thanks to him! he is a very nice guy.
If you bought the Eastlands, the JBrands, the Orvis belt and shirt, why buy an alternative pouch? buy this!
View attachment 520218 View attachment 520219 View attachment 520222
View attachment 520221 View attachment 520223
I got my one too, great quality work on the holder! Dennis is a top notch bloke & helped me get mine & we're in the process of trying to make a holster for my knife too.
yes it seems a shame to distress it but I'd say go ahead and do it! I want to distress mine like Gradys but don't know how to. Any hints or tips on how to do it?

Have you noticed that in the movie, the "flaps" on the pouch, the ones under the screw rivet are "reversed" (left over right) compared to the DL?
Easy fix anyway.

chris-pratt-pens-hilarious-pre-apology-before-he-starts-jurassic-world-press-tour_a.jpg Jurassic-World-2-Months_a.jpg jurassic-world-bryce-dallas-howard-chris-pratta_a.jpg jurassic-world-image-chris-pratt_a.jpg jurassic-world-vincent-donofrio-chris-pratt_a.jpgmaxresdefaulta_a.jpg Owen-Chris-Pratt-Jurassic-World-Vest_a.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435020408789_a.jpg B_wou2YUwAAfN0_a.png IMG-20150826-00985.jpg

If I decide to distress the pouch, I´ll darken rivets with aluminum black, and lightly sand the pouch with sandpaper or steel wool.

Delta88, what did you use to make the gun? That's the last part I need for my cosplay and I am struggling on where to start/what to buy.

Delta88, what did you use to make the gun? That's the last part I need for my cosplay and I am struggling on where to start/what to buy.

It's a real Marlin. You might look at some of the Denix Lever action rifle replicas. There's no Marlin replicas on the marker

Hey All,

It seems that there is some confusion as to how the leatherman Tool Holder is assembled.

When I sent them out to the studio, I didn't pay attention to which flap was which. Some went out one way, others went out differently.

When I looked at some of the pictures posted from stills of the movie, most have the left flap being on top, but a rare few have it the other way. I don't think that the studio really paid it any mind....they distressed the leather, put it on the actor, and filmed.

But now that I see that it is of importance, I'll be assembling them to match what the majority of scenes in the movie are showing. :)

Thanks Pablo for catching that....I really didn't notice the differences.

Hi Dennis,
Those small details are what makes this hobby fun for many of us. Some will pay no attention to which flap is over which one, others will like left over right (like me), others right over left and others will buy a generic holder and be happy with it.
The same goes to the knife sheath, some will want to own the exact knife in the exact holder, others will buy another knife and send it to you to make the sheath, others members are happy with a generic knife in a generic sheath.
I think the secret is: to enjoy the hobby!

There's finally a good reproduction of Lowery's vintage Jurassic Park ringer! This is the one I was wearing in my picture with Jake Johnson. It's the officially licensed release and to my knowledge you can only get it at Hot Topic right now (here's the link). It has really nice, natural looking vintaging - the kind you get from washing a shirt a lot over time. These photos are from no washing so I expect after washing it a lot, over time the color will fade and it will take on this look ever more. Closest match to Lowery's I've seen and a lot better than some of the other reproductions you can find that have that overly-Photoshopped distressing where it doesn't look natural.

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my interview with Jake Johnson in which he talks pretty in-depth about Lowery's outfit. He tells a pretty great story about how they chose the Salt Valley pearl snap shirt for Lowery. And I give The RPF a shoutout! :D

He said I was dead on ("perfect" was the word he used!) with everything. He confirmed the Casio Men's A158W-1 was the SA watch. He said the glasses looked almost exactly like the ones Lowery wears (he didn't know who made the frames they gave him). He even said I got it right with the hi-top black Chucks which was a surprise to me! There is a behind-the-scenes photo where he's wearing Clarks Desert Boots but, because you never actually see his shoes on-screen, I decided to improvise with hi-top black Chucks because they seemed to fit with the character's style and I like the way they look with the outfit better than Desert Boots. Turns out, he said black Chucks were the shoes that he was wearing as the character! I'm thinking maybe he just had the Clarks on that day if they were filming his scenes sitting at the control desk and it didn't matter what shoes he had on. I've heard actors will wear whatever shoes they want all the time if it's a situation like this.

He said the one thing that wasn't perfect were the jeans. The pic where you can see his shoes also happens to be the only pic where you can see his jeans and the lighting is not great so you can't really tell if they're a medium wash or a light wash. I went with Levi's 511 Slim because that's what I usually wear because they fit me well. I bought a classic medium blue faded wash. Jake said the jeans Lowery wears are Levis but they're a little baggier, more like a slim straight or even a 501 fit and in a really light wash. So if you're going for screen accuracy you may want to go with a 513 or 501 in a lighter wash.

Anyway, just some info straight from Lowery himself for those of you wanting to recreate his wardrobe!

Last edited:
imagejpeg

So this is my "distressing" before picture but I still have a long way to go.
does anyone one know how they got it to look like the one in the movie?
imagejpeg

And this is after I put Leather Conditioner on.
let me know your thoughts
any hints or tips will be appreciated

sorry pics ain't loading for some reason

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back