Boba Fetts return (maybe?)

Wardog2a

Everyone knows about the footage of Boba Fett alive and killing at the Battle of Jakku that was shown in the Star Wars Battlefront trailer. Lucasfilm has stated before that all new media including video games will be part of the new canon.

Kennedy said this about the new canon on starwars.com “We have an unprecedented slate of new Star Wars entertainment on the horizon, We’re set to bring Star Wars back to the big screen, and continue the adventure through games, books, comics, and new formats that are just emerging. This future of interconnected storytelling will allow fans to explore this galaxy in deeper ways than ever before.”

Also in a recent interview Pablo Hildalgo hinted at Boba Fett‘s fate saying “Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out.

I’m betting on Fetts return.

Sources:

The Legendary Star Wars Expanded Universe Turns a New Page
http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

Boba Fett could return to star wars, here’s how.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Boba-Fett-Could-Return-Star-Wars-Here-How-71000.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some people are reading way too much into that. That could easily just be early test footage of the game and for that matter, that planet could've just as easily been Tatooine, considering the presence of the Sandcrawler.

We know Vader didn't engage in personal combat on Endor either.

Last edited:
Oh, he's coming back and probably in multiple mediums. I would pretty much guarantee it, Disney won't let that character is fallow.

Oh, he's coming back and probably in multiple mediums. I would pretty much guarantee it, Disney won't let that character is fallow.

Oh I agree but I wouldn't read too much into his brief appearance in that trailer, or even the game upon release. They probably were just looking for cool, recognizable "hero" characters to play as, and Fett is an obvious choice.

I think he survived escaping, then passed on the armor and name to someone else, maybe a half mando half twi'lek son? :lol

Also in a recent interview Pablo Hildalgo hinted at Boba Fett‘s fate saying “Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out.

Did no one read Tales from Jabba's Palace or some such novel? It has a story in there for Boba Fett's escape. "You don't eat a Barve like that all at once".

Boba Fett?

Most. Overrated. Character. Ever.

comic_book_guy_by_jimboy_sk8s-d2y9ind.jpg

I cant remember where I recently read that they will be exploring Boba Fett like the dread pirate roberts. The moniker, costume and ship will continue with a different man at the helm

I guess the Mandalorian title getting passed around could work...but he would still have to escape the Sarlacc pit or some asinine story of how someone killed the Sarlacc may come up...if they make it work. Either story is a stretch, him escaping or someone going in to retrieve it. Then we get the South African or Australian guy back half digested to be like, "What are all my clones doing?" :lol

Hmm, Schrodinger's Fett
This needs to be a shirt.
I claim royalties :D

Go to TeeFury or WeLoveFine or one of those and see what their terms are. I want this shirt.

On other matters.

1) The "Dread Hunter Boba" thing. Lawrence Kasdan, in talking about a Boba Fett standalone film, mentioned how much he hates Boba's new backstory thanks to Episode II and if he could do anything he wanted he'd have that be who died in the sarlacc and any post-ROTJ Fett would be an imposter. The internet took that and ran.

2) Any stories of Boba getting out of the sarlacc (there are several, conflicting, and one ends with him falling back in again -- guy gets no joy). And non-film material in general. *sigh* I feel like this scene early in the first episode of Red Dwarf:

The tiers of canon are gone. The Expanded Universe is gone. There is one level of canon now, that is just "canon". Nothing else is. That canon is: the six films (so far), the Clone Wars TV series, the novels A New Dawn, Tarkin, and everything after, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir (the last Dark Horse Comics miniseries, using an unproduced 7th-season story arc of Clone Wars), the new Marvel Comics, and all gaming materials going forward. The novelizations of the films and Clone Wars episodes are also canon, but I have nothing clear on other adaptations (comics, radio drama), and there only where they don't conflict.

The Story Group has said they'll be spending a couple years going through the former EU for content that fits the narrative. No word what the end result of that process will be -- whether old content will get incorporated into the canon (likliest for the Tales of the Jedi/Knights of the Old Republic era of thousands of years in the past). But everything post-Jedi is gone, and they are free to make up anythign they want.

So there is nothing in canon about Boba's fate after he falls into the sarlacc.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back