Talk a out a bad day.

jmgrice

Sr Member
Long story short. I should have just finished watching the regional premiere of age of ultron. Scored early tickets to watch it. After an hour in the cinema they informed us the projector had broke and they wouldn't be showing it. Hope it's fixed for tomorrow/Thursdays showings that I've booked. Gutted. But felt for the staff as they were getting a lot of flack for something out of their control.

Said it was a hardware issue. Although I wasn't sure as the trailers played fine twice. But after the title screen before the movie all the image just went green and then it cut off. Like when viewing damaged video files I guess. Don't k ow how the imax projector work but hey how.

Felt the need to vent to you all! Night!

J

They only have one projector?!

Seriously bump some other piece of crap that you've had for three weeks and only pulls in 5 people.

They only have one projector?!

Seriously bump some other piece of crap that you've had for three weeks and only pulls in 5 people.

I'm surprised they didn't do that, unless of course it's a single screen theater (I used to work at one of those... yes they still exist!). I got demoted from management when Episode II came out because I didn't do a midnight showing the night before (even though I called my district manager weeks in advance asking to do exactly that and he told me no). Distributors take things like opening weekend grosses EXTREMELY seriously.

Nyah Nyah Nyah. You kids and your newfangled video crap. In my day if the film broke/melted we'd whip out the scotch tape and be on our way. If the lamp burned out, we'd get Jake the janitor with a flashlight.

I'm praying it's fixed for tonight's triple bill that I've booked. (avengers, cap 2, age of ultron). It was an imax screen. So they only have one imax projector I'm told. Imagine they couldn't mess around moving into other screens as the imax room has a huge number of seats compared to the rest. Im going to call them later and ask as there is another smaller cinema still with quite a few seats left doing a midnight screening tonight.
Also got a showing booked tomorrow [emoji15] . Im torn between the possibility of waiting for imax or settling for s smaller screen if need be. I do enjoy the louder volume in imax. It drowns out any disrupting douches being loud/ clever through the film

I do enjoy the louder volume in imax. It drowns out any disrupting douches being loud/ clever through the film
I hear u. During TASM2 a bunch of grownups (!) were constantly making loud remarks and sounds,so I eventually told them to STFU ; risky,with all the beatings taking place in public here nowadays,but sometimes you just get so frustrated when you're at your favorite movie performance and some jerk feels the need to ruin it.
Enjoy your movie night ! :popcorn Fingers crossed for the fixed projector

P.s.: I envy Americans for being able to wear your favorite superhero costume to the premiere and not getting laughed or boo-ed at

I hear u. During TASM2 a bunch of grownups (!) were constantly making loud remarks and sounds,so I eventually told them to STFU ; risky,with all the beatings taking place in public here nowadays,but sometimes you just get so frustrated when you're at your favorite movie performance and some jerk feels the need to ruin it.
Enjoy your movie night ! :popcorn Fingers crossed for the fixed projector

P.s.: I envy Americans for being able to wear your favorite superhero costume to the premiere and not getting laughed or boo-ed at

Just had them on the phone and all set for tonight(I hope!). So got the three movie marathon to look forward to at least. One of my 2 buddies has dropped out meaning if the other one CBA I'll be going Solo like a boss!

P.S. Don't envy Americans! They don't get to see it as early as us!

J

Nyah Nyah Nyah. You kids and your newfangled video crap. In my day if the film broke/melted we'd whip out the scotch tape and be on our way. If the lamp burned out, we'd get Jake the janitor with a flashlight.
They have probably never seen film jam and melt either.

Yeah, when I first started working at the theater we had a reel to reel film setup with 2 projectors. I think I actually preferred that to the platter system, honestly. I loved the hands on nature of building a film before opening night. Good times!

I would like to see how things work now. They both have their pros and cons. Nothing was worse than going to a theater where their booth crew didn't keep their projectors clean and getting those horrible green lines running through the entire movie from scratched film. I do love that about digital. It looks the same opening night as it does when it's been in the theater for two months.

I would like to see how things work now. They both have their pros and cons. Nothing was worse than going to a theater where their booth crew didn't keep their projectors clean and getting those horrible green lines running through the entire movie from scratched film. I do love that about digital. It looks the same opening night as it does when it's been in the theater for two months.

my uncle worked in a cinema for years and i git to see alot of movies. i actualy liked them reels better when bit scratched of colors somewhat faded. gave some character to the films. watched star wars on old VHS tapes just recently, the versions before they got enhanced with CGI sets, new fades and such. like them better tbh.

There have been people who have used filters on digital files to give it the look of old film, but it's still never quite the same to me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back