Kylo Ren Fabric

Hi guys, Sunday I went to "Marché Saint-Pierre" at Paris, It is the most important shop of every kind of fabrics, tissus, etc.
and I found this fabric

I did not think to look at the label to see the composition.
But I find that rather rigid fabric andit is slightly satin finish.

I did not buy the fabric because I've never done dyeing fabric. x)

Description: 9.90 € the linear meter by 140cm wide. promoting (I think:
discontinued)
Available in green, purple, gray and yellow.
for size comparaison, 2€ coin have a Diameter of 25.75 mm.
You can watch all pictures in full size here

Hi guys, Sunday I went to "Marché Saint-Pierre" at Paris, It is the most important shop of every kind of fabrics, tissus, etc.
and I found this fabric
http://upload.dinhosting.fr/V/B/small_1.jpghttp://upload.dinhosting.fr/l/N/K/small_2.jpghttp://upload.dinhosting.fr/A/Q/k/small_3.jpg
I did not think to look at the label to see the composition.
But I find that rather rigid fabric andit is slightly satin finish.

I did not buy the fabric because I've never done dyeing fabric. x)

Description: 9.90 € the linear meter by 140cm wide. promoting (I think:
discontinued)
Available in green, purple, gray and yellow.
for size comparaison, 2€ coin have a Diameter of 25.75 mm.
You can watch all pictures in full size here

I assume compositions diverse means it's a polyblend? which probably means it would not take dye well the weave looks very good though i will admit !

in fact the label is for lot of differents fabrics at €9.90, so that's why it's write "diverse".
the fabric side of the grey is a velour and the next one is like a wool , so totally differents fabrics.
I think it's more 60% cotton and 40% polyester.

It's Summer collection/color...
Maybe, in September, the black fabric will be available. (hope)

in fact the label is for lot of differents fabrics at €9.90, so that's why it's write "diverse".
the fabric side of the grey is a velour and the next one is like a wool , so totally differents fabrics.
I think it's more 60% cotton and 40% polyester.

It's Summer collection/color...
Maybe, in September, the black fabric will be available. (hope)

didn't you know black is the new black it should be sold year round haha

Hi !
It's really cool reading you guys. I might also be interested in a custom run of that fabric if it happens. I'll be sure to follow.

Is there anyway to get this fabric cheaper yet? I think I need approx 100 sq meters.... I have far more purple than that who wants this costume but I don't want to take on anymore than 10 of these as I am only one human. I have been refusing commissions due to the fabric. I used all mine.

I don't care when the fabric gets here i know it's not you, but do you happen to have any kind of time line my friend? :) I'm excited to remake my costume even!! Hehe
Thank you so much

Is there anyway to get this fabric cheaper yet? I think I need approx 100 sq meters.... I have far more purple than that who wants this costume but I don't want to take on anymore than 10 of these as I am only one human. I have been refusing commissions due to the fabric. I used all mine.

I don't care when the fabric gets here i know it's not you, but do you happen to have any kind of time line my friend? :) I'm excited to remake my costume even!! Hehe
Thank you so much

the fabric mill say they will get a sample from 21st-29th this month so we can go from there in terms of price once we have a sample i will try to negociate the lowest price whihc could include price breaks if we get enough interest/sale for X meters

That sounds great! I am so sorry to bother you about it i'm just getting so many people asking for commissions I just don't know what to tell em hah! I'd love to wait until my costume is 501 approved before making more but I'm starting to become overwhelmed with the requests and some people don't give two poops about the 501 approval part :)

Big update today guys !!

the samples arrived i've NEVER been so excited for fabric haha anyway out of the four received I discounted 2 as the yarn used was too flat and just wasnt right, but this one sample here i think looks really fantastic:

this is the same fabric just some quick mobile shots to show the drape and pattern i will take some proper shots with my DSLR later today:

iHOXwfl.jpg

91ospUG.jpg

j65aDAI.jpg

(the one i've pictured so far is the sample on the left)

this shot i love !! i added some flash to see what base colour the black is (dye wise) and it's brown based !!

the mill really did a great job !!

wTNIoEy.jpg

Big update today guys !!

the samples arrived i've NEVER been so excited for fabric haha anyway out of the four received I discounted 2 as the yarn used was too flat and just wasnt right, but this one sample here i think looks really fantastic:

this is the same fabric just some quick mobile shots to show the drape and pattern i will take some proper shots with my DSLR later today:

http://i.imgur.com/iHOXwfl.jpg

this shot i love !! i added some flash to see what base colour the black is (dye wise) and it's brown based !!

the mill really did a great job !!

http://i.imgur.com/wTNIoEy.jpg

YES!!!!

Big update today guys !!

It looks very nice. The only thing that seems a bit off (aside from it not being coated yet) is that the threads seem just a tad thin. (I am thinking of the way the real fabric frays around the edges makes the threads look "chunky".)

It looks very nice. The only thing that seems a bit off (aside from it not being coated yet) is that the threads seem just a tad thin. (I am thinking of the way the real fabric frays around the edges makes the threads look "chunky".)
this might be a by product of the way it was shipped (between two parts of card) I might run it in the dryer to give some of its life back haha! For thoose interested the fabric is 310GSM weight

Wowsas!! Sni9per, how are you going to coat it? I'll be really interested to see how this comes out. The fabric looks fantastic on the arm. Well done champion and thank you so very much for sharing all your information. You're awesome!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back