Foam Iron Man mk4

Redarm

Hi all!

I started this project a few weeks ago, in hopes to get it done for the Age of Ultron premier at my local theater.

it's all gonna be made out of 1/2" 6mm and maybe 2mm foam and put together with hot glue.(hopefully)
yesterday I finished cutting out the foam pepakura templates and today ive started with the foam!

pics to come!

If you can do this you are a god. I have been working on mine for a few months now (although not super rigorously), and am nowhere near done. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. Good luck.

Burn33

after searching through much internet I came across a youtube video by Cullen Cosplay, he had a link in the description that led me here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-files-stormtrooper-progress-148889/
I downloaded the mk4 files and tested some of them out on cardboard before deciding I didn't have enough time to scale everything to fit me. so I went for it! cutting everything out the scale it was in the files. ill have to modify a few pieces to fit me but I think it will work. *fingers crossed*

Akilo101

thanks! we'll see if I look like a god after a few nights of little sleep lol.

well the day has come and gone!

sorry I haven't been keeping this post updated, im not used to tracking my work.

I was planning on going to the early showing (7:00pm) but a thing came up and I ended up going at 10:15pm. which is not a bad thing; because I was literally working until 10mins before I had to leave lol.

painting was pretty much done all today (technically yesterday at this time), it rained so I was worried about humidity. but it turned out all right! being my first time building a full foam costume I wasn't used to any painting tecniques so I learned as I went. (and I learned a LOT!)

will post pics later, sleep is a luxury I haven't had much of(and I still wont get all that I want until at the soonest tomorrow) but for now I take what I can get

ok. pic time! I only have the front angle but ill get around to individual pics later.
this is me at the theater after the movie.
20150501_005124.jpg

I didn't do the helmet, or the shoes, or the hands, or the hand plate, or 2 of the neck pieces, or the hip pods. but I think even without all of that it turned out pretty good.

I painted it all (all but the neck) on Thursday (the day I went) it rained, so it was kinda sticky, but I got it done! (with having to go to work and doing a few other things)

the shin pieces were modified a little bit (I cut some pieces off and didn't put others on) and attached to the thigh pieces with a nylon strap. and then a nylon strap runs from the top of the thighs up under the cod and then is folded over and pinned in place.

the bicep and forearm(there was a piece to the forearm I left out) were attached with a nylon strap on both sides.

the cod, abs, and chest/back have camping buckles to make it easier to get in and out of but I still need help getting them off because of the size.

ill take some other pics and post them later!

have a good day! :)

also, to save time I didn't use any plasti-dip or wood glue to seal the foam, I tried my best to go over everything and heat seal it but im pretty sure I missed a few things.
all of it was just painted red and then masked off to paint the gold parts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back