Avengers: Age of Ultron (Post-release)

786936846676;canvasHeight=630;canvasWidth=600

786936847338;canvasHeight=630;canvasWidth=600

I stand corrected.

I really wished they got creative with these Steelbooks, like with GotG which looks like a beaten up cassette player.

just watched it and i think its a rather good movie.

what buggered me though was that why ultron, as being a metal robot, moves his lips and facial features like he was human.

just watched it and i think its a rather good movie.

what buggered me though was that why ultron, as being a metal robot, moves his lips and facial features like he was human.

I think it had more to do with giving Ultron's face the ability to portray Spader's acting in some manner. I don't agree with that thinking, but it's also a tough call to hire an actor like Spader and limit him to just body mo-cap and voice acting. Stark does mention in the film that Ultron keeps building people bodies even though that design is outmoded, probably just trying to show another one of Ultron's flawed quirks.

I picked this up the other day and am planning to watch it tonight....I hope.....After twice driving 50 miles to the nearest theater and neither time did I actually get to see the movie! First time the town was in a rolling blackout, the second time the projector was broken. I am beginning to wonder if this movie and I are cursed. If my Blu-ray player dies tonight or I have a defective disc, you won't be hearing from me anymore as I plan to blow up the world.

What was the deal with Thor and the water? I didn't get that at all.

The studio wanted a scene with Thor where he leans about the Infinity Stones. Joss didn't want to but in order to keep the farm, he had to do this sequence. Joss tries many different ways of doing this scene from Thor being Possessed, Thor having a vision of his brother Loki, and all kinds of stuff. Nothing was working so he pretty much gave the editors what he had already shot and told them to come up with something. They presented him with a flashy show of the Infinity Stones and he said that was good enough.

That Avenger's HQ set is just amazing in design and detail. In my wildest dreams I'd have a pad like that - my bedroom in a corner of the lower deck.

In case anyone was wondering, it seems that the DVD does not have the deleted scenes on it. I was quite a bit annoyed after Mom rented it from Redbox and I couldn't see them.

In case anyone was wondering, it seems that the DVD does not have the deleted scenes on it. I was quite a bit annoyed after Mom rented it from Redbox and I couldn't see them.

I don't think it's because they're not on the DVD, they're just not on the rental version of the DVD. Now a days, the studios create specific versions of movie Blu-Rays and DVDs for Redbox which don't include any of the special features aside from trailers. Chances are that the full retail version of the movie, both Blu-Ray and DVD, have the cut scenes and all of the other extras.

I don't think it's because they're not on the DVD, they're just not on the rental version of the DVD. Now a days, the studios create specific versions of movie Blu-Rays and DVDs for Redbox which don't include any of the special features aside from trailers. Chances are that the full retail version of the movie, both Blu-Ray and DVD, have the cut scenes and all of the other extras.

I've actually been seeing quite a trend lately that the DVD is fairly bare bones, and the BD has all of the bonus features. It's why, as soon as I got my PS3, I switched to buying BD, even though I honestly can't tell the difference between the quality. I was tired of missing out on the extras.

You might need a better HD TV if you don't see a difference between a DVD and a 1080P BD ! I have to go grab myself a copy to add in my collection. I don't buy physical copies often, but I make an exception for the Marvel movies, even the ones I don't particularly like. I did rent it the other day on iTunes, I still find it the weakest of phase 2. I thought putting myself through a phase 2 marathon in theatre the day it got out did hurt my appreciation of it, because of the fatigue and the fact that I had just seen CA:TWS and GOTG, the best Marvel so far IMO, right before watching AoU, but nope, did not change a thing. I'm grateful to Whedon for what he did, but I'm glad the Russos are taking over.

My TV is only, IIRC, about 30 inches. I can't afford anything else. Even on my computer screen, though, I can't tell the difference between 1080, 720, and SD. It just doesn't matter to me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back