Avengers: Age of Ultron (Post-release)

just got back from watching this. early on there was a lot for the eyes to take in and truly deserves multiple veiwings. the only thing that annoyed me was at the end cap didnt finish the line.

Just saw it,.....amazing,....The Vision is a great addition,....just so cool,.....I had worried he'd be like The Silver Surfer in FF2,.....too CG,....but no,....he looked brilliant,...

...gonna see it again

Next time I'll not wait till the very end,.... post credits,....theres only one scene, mid-credits

J

Had a little think about the lack of the hulk in the final fight, and really what little Black Widow contributed to it too, and I wonder if that wasn't deliberate.

When Bruce wanted to flee with her before the final fight, and she pushed him off that ledge to be the hulk, what difference did they make, really?

Would it in fact had made any difference had they not have joined that fight?

Sure if they had not joined the pair of them may have felt guilty about what happened to quicksilver, but they were there and he still died, and the others more than handled their own.

She made him hulk out when really the hulk wasn't needed.

I think although the hulk probably enjoyed the fight, the part of his brain that was still Banner new if he ever wanted to not be the hulk again, he had to get away from Natasha.

Didn't hulk stop Ultron from leaving on the Quin-jet though? And Black Widow needed the Hulk to get up on the rock in the first place.

Maybe, I have already forgotten lots about the movie, which is a bad sign in itself.

But even if he had got away in the quinjet, the vision, ironman and Thor can fly anyway, he wouldn't have got far.

Spoilers!!!!

Glunark ,I think you are pretty close with your first assessment .

The whole point of the "relationship" as written into the story seemed to be as a reason to get "rid" of the Hulk for phase three. I felt it came across as one of the weaker elements of the film, that and the inclusion and intervention of Fury. Alot of flack was generated at the series between Avengers and AOU as the rest of the Avengers NEVER came to the aid of eachothers when the chips were down. This seemed a very deliberate effort to change that.
I'm a little confused as to why you think Natasha and Banner contributed little in the final fight? Banner is terrified of his "monster" self , given that civilian destruction he wrought in Africa. Code "Green" was a last resort, he hates and fears becoming the Hulk, and for good reason. Given Jeyls comments in the other thread about name calling, the fact that the Widow coldly kicks him into a pit to turn him into the monster he dreads being says more about the relationship and Natasha than words ever could. The fact he does what he did at the end shows he just didn't trust her NOT to manipulate him against his will. She knows just what she did at the end to drive him away and he removes himself from that dangerous equation. I think overall this is why this came across as a "different" Avengers. The focus was deliberately on Barton, Widow and the Hulk , which was good for their characters, but perhaps it will be not so popular with the fans. It crrtainly made for a slower more complex story, but given the players crammed into it,Joss did a pretty good job. Certainly he "thinned" the herd by the end and changed the team, which I thought a bold move. But given whats to come it had to be done.

Saw the movie last night. I thought it was brilliant and really enjoyed it. The dream that Stark was shown was cool, though Cap's "You could've saved us" line was kind of awkward. I was happy to see Stellan Skarsgard reprise his role as Prof Selvig. Though they were mentioned, I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Pepper and Jane. Rhodey's story being met with blank stares from Stark and Thor was hilarious, as was Rhodey's satisfaction when he repeats the story to other guests and gets the desired reactions. Stan Lee's cameo was funny. The scenes and gags with Mjolnir were awesome:

Cap: "What if you put the hammer in an elevator and the lift goes up?"
Stark: "Right, but it's not a person so is it worthy?"
Thor: "Ah, how I will miss these talks, my friends."

Loved how it all set up for Infinity Wars.

I will try and see this movie again next week.

In midst of all the conflict and chaos Avengers: Age of Ultron still manages to have good fun & humor even when the stakes are high.

Thanks to Joss Whedon and team for another entertaining chapter in the Marvel saga. Will be seeing it again in few days.

And that slow motion surround shot of the group in action was freaking epic.

I've just got home from watching this and I have to say overall, effing awesome. Managing to fit in what they did was just incredible. So I'm gonna rattle off a few things, not necessarily in chronological order, just as they come to me. There shouldn't need to be a spoiler warning here but someone is bound to complain so.. SPOILER ALERT. BIG TIME. LIKE STORY TWISTS AND STUFF.

the new iron man suit is cool and all but there was no real obvious need or reason for it. The animation for it really bugged me, it seemed really poorly done.
heck yes war machine makes a few appearances.
quicksilver dying was a bit cheap. Kind of annoyed at that as he was just starting to get interesting, I guess scarlet witch does have a much bigger story arc in the comics so...
hulk was effing amazing. Really really awesome. Mark Ruffalo is the best hulk and Bruce Banner ever.
ultron looked amazing but he wasn't as humanity-destroyingly awesome as he was in the comics. More like a mentally unbalanced potentially dangerous person. Still.. He made the story.
heck yes vision. Though in saying that his appearance was rushed and kind of disappointing. He's definitely not the same vision from the comics. and heck yes mind control gem in the staff, totally called it.
HECK YES INFINITY GAUNTLET.
I'm sure I'll add more to this but that will do for now!

I read elsewhere (sorry cannot remember where now) that Quicksilver has a multi-movie contract, so I'll be interested to see how that works for a dead hero.

Overall I thought this was a very good movie but as a few people have pointed out there are a number of scenes that are only there to set up the next phase of films. Some are little jarring but others are woven nicely into the fabric of the movie. I particularly liked the building tension between Cap and Stark throughout the film that will crescendo in Civil War.

Ant-man trailer looked good, and we got the Star Wars trailer as a bonus.

Saw it again, my opinion remains that it was too long and the pacing was off, we could have lost all the scenes at the safe house, and at least one of the montages, and the dreams could have been shorter too, and the party.

It felt like Joss was too attached to everything he had filmed to want to snip bits out of it.

Ok, I'm just out of a Phase 2 marathon, starting with avengers 1 and ending with AoU, so I'm rather tired, although very glad of the experience, ans I wanted to give my thoughts before I sleep on it. When the credit rolled, at first I didn't know what to think, and it's still a bit confusing to me now, but overall I don't think I liked it that much.
Seeing all the prior movies before might have hurt my apprehension of the movie, but I thought it wasn't as fun as avengers 1, despite the very good jokes here and there, especially when GotG was shown just before and was just pure fun. The "seriousness" note they tried to inject was far outmatched by TWS, didn't care much for the romantic relationship elements, too much focus on them for my taste.
Ultron was...weird. Not what I expected, He was not this driven AI I thought he would be, he was more like a confused mental patient. And they could have make him so much more threatening with Spader's voice, it's a shame.
For now, I'd say Whedon should have kept it simpler, it worked very well for the first one. I'll see how I feel after a good night sleep, but I give it a 6/10

When compared to The Avengers, the charm of the team being together seems lacking in Age of Ultron and that was likely expected and intended.

The team is vulnerable and in duress, so despite some lighthearted moments we're made to reflect on that lingering sense of despair more often.

Joss Whedon's initial cut was over 3 hours long, with more character moments especially of Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver and with more Black Widow backstory. I am keen on watching that extended cut and to know whether trimming of the scenes helped or hurt the movie.

Captain America is my favourite Avenger and though he had his moments, definitely felt he could have gotten some more screen time. Hawkeye got some of the best lines this time and it was good to see his character being highlighted.

Well, I slept on it, and thought about it, and unfortunately my opinion did not improve. It had really cool action shots, cool lines, but that's it. The story just didn't flow right for me, Ulron is pale shadow of what he could have been, really didn't care for the Banner/natasha thing, Hawkeye family thing was nice but took too much screen time, the ending was weird, we all know Stark will be back for Civil War... The stakes were supposed to be high, global extinction of the human race, but it just didn't feel that way.
I'll go see it again, in a while, to make sure, Marvel movies usually are light hearted fun or more recently with cap have kind of a good gravitas. This one had not enough of both these things. I think this is actually my least favorite movie of the phase 2.

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

We have a post release thread for spoilers, you are wrong about friday, and why couldn't you see the mid credits scene?

I'm supposed to watch it yesterday but because I got busy in doing different stuff. I didn't watch anymore.
Hopefully this coming weekend.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back