TASM 2 Replica Suit ECCC 2015

Greeny

So ever since I saw Kenlandrums free Tasm 2 pattern (http://www.therpf.com/f78/amazing-spider-man-2-3d-print-files-pattern-free-208912/) I knew that I wanted to make that suit. So a year later and I have finally done it!

View attachment 466509

So I received my print from Fabric on Demand (http://fabricondemand.com/ken/landrum.html) back in October 2014.
View attachment 466508

And started puff painting the suit. Now with puff paint, it takes alot of time and patience; it took me over 50+ hours to do both the bricks, and the webs.
For the bricks I added a thin layer of Metallic Black puff paint.

100_3001.JPG100_2861.JPG100_3007.JPG100_3008.JPG

For the webs I used Matte Black puff paint. I did two layers to make them more 3d.

IMAG3183.jpgIMAG3179.jpgIMAG3188.jpg

I also ordered Tjacks TASM 2 faceshell/lens combo kit! It is fantastic quality and pretty simple to put together.
IMAG3203-1.jpgIMAG3210.jpg

Luckily my Grandma was kind enough to lend me her sewing skills for a few months, and stitch up my suit!

IMG_0905.jpgIMAG3209.jpgIMG_7722.jpg

After sewing I glued on Kenlandrums 3d printed finger pads using E6000. I then outlined the back spider with Slick Red puff paint.

IMAG3302.jpg

The last pieces of the suit are the chest spider and the shoes. The chest spider is cut out of foam, then glued on with E6000. For the shoes, here is a link to a good tutorial I followed http://www.therpf.com/f78/ultimate-spider-man-suit-wip-pictures-progress-inside-205156/

IMAG3272.jpgIMAG3273.jpgIMAG3266.jpgIMAG3267.jpg

That is quick summary of how I made the suit! If you have questions, please feel free to post them. Emerald City Comicon pics are on the way!

IMG_1072.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, Exo!

100_3699.JPGThis was after the Stan Lee panel. After Stan took a selfie, all the marvel characters posed for a group shot. I'm on the bottom right.
I really like how the color turned out with these, but sadly they're a little fuzzy.
100_3706.JPG100_3710.JPG100_3712.JPG

Awesome build! We actually just got done with the same build, but mine doesn't have the webbing :(
So that brings me to two questions:
1. Does the puff paint stiffen up the costume or reduce stretchyness? Seems doubtful in your case with the dynamic poses.
2. And did you make any changes to the color of the print?

Thanks, and once again you look great!

Awesome build! We actually just got done with the same build, but mine doesn't have the webbing :(
So that brings me to two questions:
1. Does the puff paint stiffen up the costume or reduce stretchyness? Seems doubtful in your case with the dynamic poses.
2. And did you make any changes to the color of the print?

Thanks, and once again you look great!

Thanks allot!

1. The webs, not anything noticeable. But the brick patten, to an extent, does reduce the fabrics stretch. (Although considering how stretchy lycra is, it doesn't really make much of a difference.) But as long as it's sewn well, it should be fine.
2. No, but this was an older version before V.3 came out. I think the newer file is darker.

Quick update: I haven't touched this suit in months, and since Halloween is around the corner I thought I'd spice it up with some *insert Po from Kung Fu Panda* "AUTHENTIC BATTLE DAMAGE!"
I'm kinda torn cause I wanna try it, but I don't wanna ruin my beautiful suit. What do you think?

Thanks allot!

1. The webs, not anything noticeable. But the brick patten, to an extent, does reduce the fabrics stretch. (Although considering how stretchy lycra is, it doesn't really make much of a difference.) But as long as it's sewn well, it should be fine.
2. No, but this was an older version before V.3 came out. I think the newer file is darker.

Quick update: I haven't touched this suit in months, and since Halloween is around the corner I thought I'd spice it up with some *insert Po from Kung Fu Panda* "AUTHENTIC BATTLE DAMAGE!"
I'm kinda torn cause I wanna try it, but I don't wanna ruin my beautiful suit. What do you think?

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I have the latest, and it is definitely darker. We tried tinkering with it to make it brighter. Not much help.

Dude it's such a beautiful suit, I'd be scared to ruin it! If you could put together a replacement later on, i'd say DO IT.

Well, a darker suit would look really good as well! Just look at the set TASM 2 photos! Anyhoo, here are some more ECCC pics!
100_3792.JPGIMG_1012.JPG100_3844.JPG100_3847.JPG100_3827.JPG100_3624.JPG100_3613.JPG100_3644.JPG100_3610.JPG100_3633.JPG

DUDE! Your suit looks absolutely beautiful! The colors are so bright and vibrant! Do you still have this file on you? I'd love to make a suit with these colors but i missed out on this version when Ken put it up, and I don't have Photoshop to change the darker one. :( Also, how are you gonna go about battle damaging the suit? Cause I think a Electro battle damaged version would be the way to go! But you know, just two cents in the jar. Great work again man!

QUOTE=WebBedHead;3773966]DUDE! Your suit looks absolutely beautiful! The colors are so bright and vibrant! Do you still have this file on you? I'd love to make a suit with these colors but i missed out on this version when Ken put it up, and I don't have Photoshop to change the darker one. :( Also, how are you gonna go about battle damaging the suit? Cause I think a Electro battle damaged version would be the way to go! But you know, just two cents in the jar. Great work again man![ QUOTE]

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I still have the file, I'll send it to you via PM. As for battle damage I'm kinda thinking I won't, at least for now. Maybe if I make another suit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back