Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet: FREE STL FILES

Re: Kylo Ren: 3D Helmet WIP

well after my weekend away i'm back at it !

the cheeks are a real challenge and i mean CHALLENGE haha i'm onto revision 7 on just the right cheek area but with every revision the design is refined!

for ease of sanding the 3d print cheeks will be separate so i can sand all the nooks and edges

nJi8oBB.png

Sni9er; There was a great left/right comparison shot in Edi's manual sculpt that might be a great help to you, if you haven't already seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Sni9er; There was a great left/right comparison shot in Edi's manual sculpt that might be a great help to you, if you haven't already seen it.

I'll take a look at that for sure thanks ! thats pretty cool ^^ The trouble is modeling it haha

the cheeks have a lot of hidden detail in the fact the dub layer and outer layer are not parallel

Last edited:

i'm currently considering making the helmet in these parts:

facesheild
face plate
dome
cheek plates (small flat strips seen on the model

I think it should be in movie like this, Ren's helmet seems to be inspired by Vader's so it is great idea. Cannot wait to see the rest.

People who are wondering what makes this so much more difficult to model should remember SolidWorks fights you on almost everything. It's a very different way of 3D modeling that requires a different way of thinking.

And it looks amazing so far! You are totally nailing it.

People who are wondering what makes this so much more difficult to model should remember SolidWorks fights you on almost everything. It's a very different way of 3D modeling that requires a different way of thinking.

And it looks amazing so far! You are totally nailing it.

I can 100% agree with this statement hahaha

this is how it feels to gear up to modeling in solidworks sometimes hahahaha

although the battle is being won !!

Last edited by a moderator:

SOOOO the cheeks are all but done ! so for some fun i threw in the basic dome that will do for tonight i'll add the flair and tune tomorrow !!

Good Night RPF !!!

the end is in sight !!

View attachment 474593View attachment 474594

Totally into it!

Will you be adding the battle damage into the file or having people do that on their own post production?

Based on the colors of the finished helmet, I would really hope you do a cold casting of this vs regular resin. I think if it's cold cast there will not even be any paint required, just polishing.

Totally into it!

Will you be adding the battle damage into the file or having people do that on their own post production?

Based on the colors of the finished helmet, I would really hope you do a cold casting of this vs regular resin. I think if it's cold cast there will not even be any paint required, just polishing.

I'll be adding it after i print but before i cast adding that kind of damage in the real world i think will yield better results

I'm certainly going to offer in cold cast i will probably offer as a regular cast too for those interested in a lower price point as cold casts can get pricey ^^

SO excited to get this done and underway!!

I'll be adding it after i print but before i cast adding that kind of damage in the real world i think will yield better results

I'm certainly going to offer in cold cast i will probably offer as a regular cast too for those interested in a lower price point as cold casts can get pricey ^^

SO excited to get this done and underway!!

You are absolutely right about the damage. It will always looks better if added to the printing before casting. I'm sure it would also be a lot easier vs trying to model them in!

I'm up for a cold cast.

Wow!!! Cold cast all the way for me! I can already tell this is going to look perfect! Stunning job so far.

Well, shape of the dome still does not look like helmet, proportion on occiput need more space.

This is the only picture of Kylo's helmet without hood, hope we got better soon.

Kylo_Ren_Helmet.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back